General Carowinds discussion
By pproteinc
So what is going on with PvZ? Today a friend of mine rode it but I didn't and when he got off he told me they played with no glasses because the 3D effect is not working and they also played with the lights on. So he asked and was told that the lights sometimes don't go out. So he rode later in the day probably 3hrs later and the same. Smh sad. That attraction is a little over a year and it looks like it's been there over 6. TVs not working, guns and seats not working, it's stink, musty inside and humid as if the a/c don't work.

Windseeker has been down all week. I was told it was struck by lightning and the sky tower has been down all week as well. I swear battle of the towers.
Last edited by pproteinc on August 4th, 2017, 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
By fonzlinney
That's unfortunate about plants versus zombies and the towers also the lights around the fury station as the train exits The station most of them are out and a few in the Tunnel what's happening with Carowinds with their maintenance. Also I noticed after seeing the show cirque imagine quite a few times the last two times I noticed one of the characters red hair is a different shade of red . I know that's a minor detail but it matters for a top notch park as well as the maintenance on the rides. :(
By kirkgun
I haven't made it Carowinds lately as we've had a family member with health difficulties. But we made it on Wednesday evening for a few hours.

The park was running with what seemed like a pretty small staff. Several rides were closed and most rides were running with a skeleton crew. Generally things were okay, with one exception. The young man and woman who were operating Riccochet somewhere around 8PM, they were not okay.

They were simply amazing. I have never seen any ride operators at Carowinds working so hard to keep the line moving fast. Maybe the Fury crew during its opening year, that crew was pretty great also. Those two on Ricochet were so awesome. They were thorough and careful with the safety aspect. They were friendly and helpful. But wow did they work hard to keep that Ricochet wait time to a minimum.

Carowinds need to work on human cloning to get more employees like those two.

We also did Slingshot for the first time. It won't be the last time. So. Freaking. Fun.
By FamousAmos
You can also tell our supervisors and/or team leads. They always love to hear great guest feedback. As well as any complaints. It helps the team know what to improve upon.
By cadi40
I do have one complaint and its that Carowinds hires a lot of non enthusiastic 16 Year Olds. If one thing separates Carowinds from Disney that isn't theme, It's Customer Service.
By cwgator
^Unfortunately, unless Carowinds becomes a year-round park (which who knows it may some day), hiring practices aren't going to change much. Most adults want stable full time, year-round jobs.
By tarheel1231
As a non-enthusiastic 16 year old, I take offense to that! You can't expect someone to be overly-enthusiastic about their job when they have to deal with the monotony of operating rides in 90+ degree weather.

As far as employees go, all I'm worried about is how fast they can dispatch a train. If they enjoy doing it, then more power to them.
By cadi40
tarheel1231 wrote:As a non-enthusiastic 16 year old, I take offense to that! You can't expect someone to be overly-enthusiastic about their job when they have to deal with the monotony of operating rides in 90+ degree weather.

As far as employees go, all I'm worried about is how fast they can dispatch a train. If they enjoy doing it, then more power to them.

As me also being a non-enthusiastic 17 Year Old I don't take offense. If someone asks you to be enthusiastic about your job and respect guests then you do what your told, Especially if you get payed. Where I work if you don't respect the customers no matter how many are rude your fired. And some just come wiggle your seatbelt and could careless if our strapped in correctly, Not fortunately there has not been an accident but I'm surprised there has not been one yet. And I'm not asking for overly enthusiastic because that can be annoying, I just want it to a point where I feel like I'm welcomed.
By pproteinc
To add on, they knew what they were getting themselves into when they applied, especially if the are from the area or the South in general. Everybody knows mid summer it's 90+ degrees daily. If you don't want to work outdoors then get a job indoors. They're plenty of grocery stores and retail outlets to choose from.
By aoriole19
It seems kind of like a job as a camp counselor to me (I have a lot of experience as a camp counselor so that's why I thought of it). Being enthusiastic and high energy is part of your job, and it's what you're getting paid to do, even if it's really hot and the days are long and the kids (or customers) are rude.

So I do think that if customers didn't have a great experience due to the staff being unpleasant in any way, or even just not smiling, then they have the right to complain about it.

I think enthusiasm and energy is a bit more important in a camp counselor than a ride op, so I know it's not a perfect comparison, but it does seem to be a similar idea.
By cadi40
aoriole19 wrote:It seems kind of like a job as a camp counselor to me (I have a lot of experience as a camp counselor so that's why I thought of it). Being enthusiastic and high energy is part of your job, and it's what you're getting paid to do, even if it's really hot and the days are long and the kids (or customers) are rude.

So I do think that if customers didn't have a great experience due to the staff being unpleasant in any way, or even just not smiling, then they have the right to complain about it.

I think enthusiasm and energy is a bit more important in a camp counselor than a ride op, so I know it's not a perfect comparison, but it does seem to be a similar idea.

Agreed, Working at Carowinds involves a major chunk of Customer Service. They don't pay you to be rude to guests although that's what it seems like sometimes.
By kirkgun
I'm not looking for enthusiasm or high energy.

I just want to see people putting forth the effort to do their job, and to do it well. They don't need to be smiling all the time (I especially hate fake happiness). That's not the "friendly" I like to see. They just need to be genuinely helpful and courteous to the folks paying money to have fun at Carowinds. They demonstrate that best by doing their job as well as they can.

Pride and gratitude are not things that Carowinds can train into employees in the short time they have to train them to do their jobs. Those are things that good employees already had before they started working at Carowinds, or not.
Last edited by kirkgun on August 7th, 2017, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.