General Carowinds discussion
Well I love all these additions this far. This is exactly what Planet Snoopy needed. Although the current rides are still in great condition. Besides the Carousel relocation, something else most be relocating for these additions. The only ride I know that is on the chopping block is, "Snoopy's Yacht Club." It also seems like they are revealing the locations as well with the teasers.
Seems like there will be a few people in for a disappointment on Wednesday. Can't say I'm head over heels thrilled about Snoopy, but I'm very happy that it's happening nonetheless. In 2018, it will be 13 years since any new attractions were added into that area and 8 years since any major renovations have been made. This has been a long time coming and I'm honestly shocked Cedar Fair waited this long to do it.

Glad that this area is finally getting some love, now if we can just get some attention given to Crossroads...
I'm also glad the kids are getting a tower (drop ride) as well. It's the cutest thing. Honestly, the additions of Fury325, SLINGSHOT, Carolina Harbor, Plants vs. Zombies, and The County Fair rides in 3 seasons; our park has been blessed tremendously. We have been spoiled with awesome additions which were much needed. The kids rides are much needed. Besides, they are rides more adults can ride with children. Lastly, I don't care which theme it is. The kids area has beautiful landscaping.
CCookieMonster wrote:Me too. It would be really nice to know it's official so we can stop prancing around guessing if it will happen in the next few years, or a long way down the road...and just another reason to be excited about something. :)

How did they announce other Hotels in the chain? Did they start construction first and then announce it or they announced it then started construction? I could see them Starting construction on it then Announcing it but as long as they start on it sometime soon I could care less.
They don't have everything 100% approved so why announce something that may take time to get fully approved. Why do you want them to announce it so bad?
cadi40 wrote:
CCookieMonster wrote:Me too. It would be really nice to know it's official so we can stop prancing around guessing if it will happen in the next few years, or a long way down the road...and just another reason to be excited about something. :)

How did they announce other Hotels in the chain? Did they start construction first and then announce it or they announced it then started construction? I could see them Starting construction on it then Announcing it but as long as they start on it sometime soon I could care less.

Most of the resorts Cedar Fair owns were acquired when they bought the parks. If they were to announce it, I'd assume they'd announce it similar to the Breakers and Express expansions at CP, where they announce it then build it.

With that being said, Coasterbruh and Edwardo have ears inside of the industry, and if they say the hotels aren't coming yet, they're probably right.
I wanna state that I have no "inside" knowledge, HOWEVER I have a broad understanding of how things work and the ramifications of it all. I do know that it would be haphazard to announce something when you don't even have the legal rights to build what you want to as well as not being able to present plans for approval for land that isn't earmarked for said project. From my understanding the park isn't working 24/7 to get a hotel up. It will come in time (so stop asking . . .) :thumbup:
coasterbruh wrote:They don't have everything 100% approved so why announce something that may take time to get fully approved. Why do you want them to announce it so bad?

The rezoning was approved almost 2 months ago and I want them to announce it because it would be a big source of revenue. I think the park was ready for a Hotel after Intimidator. It would also be good for the Charlotte region as a whole.