General Carowinds discussion
I really thought they would do the Vortex conversion in conjunction with the plaza renovations, but since there have been zero teasers or indications that it is happening I'm no longer expecting it.

At this point I'm expecting tomorrow's announcement to be entirely focused on Camp Snoopy (which I do like more than Planet Snoopy).
How would you guys feel if they used the White Waterfalls location for camp snoopy? Not saying it's going to happen just throwing the idea out if they were to keep planet snoopy. I feel the park is big enough for another family section just in another part of the park so families don't feel stuck in one place all day.
I don't think that's likely with the amount of markings in PS, the permits calling for the renovations of the bathrooms and the expansion of the snack shack.

[EDIT] Also, keep in mind that Cedar Point is HUGE. They have a reason for having multiple kids areas. Carowinds is a medium-sized park that already has family attractions located around the park (ex. Scrambler, the County Fair, PvZ, Boo Blasters, etc.)
Last edited by tarheel1231 on August 15th, 2017, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Final Predictions - 2 Hotel announcements since there were "two big presents", A launch coaster since they teased a car and a helmet, and a wing coaster since they teased a kite. I also expect 2 log flumes since snoopys yacht club is being demolished so they took away 2 water rides in 2017. Those are my predictions and I'm being 100% honest :)
tarheel1231 wrote:I don't think that's likely with the amount of markings in PS, the permits calling for the renovations of the bathrooms and the expansion of the snack shack.

[EDIT] Also, keep in mind that Cedar Point is HUGE. They have a reason for having multiple kids areas. Carowinds is a medium-sized park that already has family attractions located around the park (ex. Scrambler, the County Fair, PvZ, Boo Blasters, etc.)

I know it's not going to happen I just wanted thoughts on it. I was thinkn I've been to both parks with camp snoopy, CP and KBF. They seem to just be a single midway from one end to the other and planet snoopy is an actual full on area with multiple midways. So I was thinking if that the case a midway could have gone from either the old WWF entrance as the entrance to Camp Snoopy making a left and loop around to exit out to the Crossroads section near dodgems. Carowinds is big enough in my opinion for 2 kids area on either side of the park. No family per say but more kiddie rides lie that's proposed rides coming for 2018. CP maybe huge but planet snoopy and kiddy kingdom are around the corner from each other separated by the dogems and ratail building while camp snoppy is next to the Gemini midway.

coasterbruh wrote:That site is a ditch.

So .... 85% of Carowinds was a ditch at one point and wallah it's all flat now. If that area was to be camp snoopy, I say leave it below grade. Nothing like elevation changes in a park.
chknwing wrote:Wednesday is National Roller Coaster day. Just Saying.

Not saying Vortex WON'T happen, honestly idc. My problem is with enthusiasts who feel like they've been spited for not having something cater specifically to them.
chknwing wrote:Wednesday is National Roller Coaster day. Just Saying.

The entire chain is announcing to,orrow and they've already said they're only announcing 4 coasters. So what about the parks that aren't getting coasters in the chain? It's a marketing ploy.