General Carowinds discussion
Why wait to do it in late 2017? I am willing to bet a lot of money that the hotel won't be announced until, at the earliest, next year. Even then, I'll be surprised.
gabed wrote:Why wait to do it in late 2017? I am willing to bet a lot of money that the hotel won't be announced until, at the earliest, next year. Even then, I'll be surprised.

The Owner of Cedar Fair said they were looking to announce branded Hotels in Charlotte and Toronto by year end 2017. Canada's Wonderland didn't announce a Hotel today either, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it later this year or early next year.
There is no "owner" of Cedar Fair. The parent company is Cedar Fair L.P.

I doubt they'll announce a hotel this year. You may even see construction before they announce it. They still have to get everything approved and likely find contractors, and it's unlikely to be ready till at least 2019. They may not even be planning to build it for another few years.
Like I previously mentioned, since Cedar Fair, the parent company of Carowinds, mentioned announcing it by years end, that means that they would announce it to stock holders in the quarterly stock holders meeting. Usually all that entails is a general announcement that they have plans on building something at a location to help drive their stock prices. The parks make their own announcements when the time is right to drive their individual marketing efforts. Two completely different things.
cadi40 wrote:The Owner of Cedar Fair said they were looking to announce branded Hotels in Charlotte and Toronto by year end 2017.

No, some guy that works at wells fargo stated that.
They offer a massive fleet of busses to bring you to the resort.

Disney is the only park (s) in the world that I'm aware of that do this. And it's because Disney World is an international destination with literally hundreds of thousands of visitors constantly flying in to the resort and the multiple hotels on site.

Carowinds is a regional theme park that would be unlikely to benifit in any way from an airport shuttle service. How many people are flying in daily to go directly to the park? Hint: not that many. Mmmaybe they'll offer a hotel shuttle service to CLT. But only if they find people are flying in to the park.
I guess so. I think Carowinds is a little more then a regional park but not yet a national one, Once they add a few more things I think you can expect some people flying into CLT for Carowinds, Other then that most people flying into CLT are here for business trips, visiting family, Changing flights, or other attractions that don't include Carowinds.