General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
cadi40 wrote:Someone's getting smacked if they use WWF plot for the gliders.

Why?

cadi40 wrote:Also what are the chances of them converting Vortex?

27%
By RRRAPIDS
You all remember the miniature golf plot behind the ladder game????? I'm almost 100% positive it will go there. Keep in mind that's not even touching the land of White Water Falls spot. Although it's next to it. Remember , the golf was removed almost 2 seasons ago. Anyway, it's a perfect fit. I would love for them to add a last minute flat ride to replace YOYO. Would love to see a (Zamperla Windstarz) that is a perfect fit for Yoyo's replacement.
By RRRAPIDS
You all remember the miniature golf plot behind the ladder game????? I'm almost 100% positive it will go there. Keep in mind that's not even touching the land of White Water Falls spot. Although it's next to it. Remember , the golf was removed almost 2 seasons ago. Anyway, it's a perfect fit. I would love for them to add a last minute flat ride to replace YOYO. Would love to see a (Zamperla Windstarz) that is a perfect fit for Yoyo's replacement.
By tarheel1231
Well one thing is for sure, that part of the park will be flat ride heaven come next year. A Topscan, Music Express, Troika, and Flying Scooters all within walking distance? If they put Scrambler over there, I would die. :D
By RRRAPIDS
carolinaman wrote:So will the gliders be part of the County Fair area??
That's a great question. If they put it behind the ladder game which was the old miniature golf location, I doubt it. It seems like County Fair begins under the welcome signs. I'm just excited they are learning to spread out the rides, and find vacant spots to fill.
By RollerBee
tarheel1231 wrote:If they put Scrambler over there, I would die. :D

Now that is SCarowinds tombstone funny right there.
"He went scrambled when we moved the Scrambler." :sarcasm:

If Scrambler moves, plant some trees between Showplace and Rapids....
By coasterbruh
carolinaman wrote:So will the gliders be part of the County Fair area??

My guess is no but would PROBABLY be placed on the edge near the two game stands in front of the WWF site. Right before you enter the county fair. Pretty much leaving the WWF still untouched. More so the old mini golf area than the WWF area.

And "still standing" was started last year and probably gonna be the running joke for a while lol.
By FamousAmos
Chris wrote:If true, he didn't just pick that out of thin air.

I actually did "pick it out of thin air". County Fair is probably the best spot for this type of ride.

I'm still kinda confused though. Technically speaking, County Fair starts at the edge of wings. Unless they're going to just "extend" it's reach to include a little more midway space for the gliders to include them in the County Fair theme/area. Otherwise, what could the theme be?

If they do that, I'd also like to see them re-do the dry-park entrance to Carolina Harbor. Make it look a little... better? Not sure how a waterpark entrance could tie in to the County Fair theme though.
By Chris
FamousAmos wrote:
Chris wrote:If true, he didn't just pick that out of thin air.

I actually did "pick it out of thin air". County Fair is probably the best spot for this type of ride.

Wait, WWF was in the new county fair? I could have sworn it was just outside county fair.