General Carowinds discussion
I say recycle an old name for Flying Ace (the coaster) and rename it "Southern Sidewinder." Theme it to a tornado. It's unique enough to the point where it feels like it fits at Carowinds but generic enough to not have to file a trademark for (though I doubt they would considering it's not a major coaster). Paint it orange and brown and call it a day.

I would hope that they name the Gliders something more unique than Flying Eagles but whatever. It'll fit into the area with whatever they decide to call it.
By gabed
I hope they mean IN County Fair rather than near it. I could really see them fitting in well there. Granted, I'm just happy they're not in Snoop Town anymore.
coasterbruh wrote::lol: :clap: :lol: :clap: Snoop Town lol . . .

And I don't think i've seen any flying eagles with a light package.

I found this pic from what I'm guessing is a traveling carnvial? If the park did something like this, I'd be more than satisfied, especially if they're multi-colored or flash.

By Wormy
redrunner97 wrote:I found this pic from what I'm guessing is a traveling carnvial? If the park did something like this, I'd be more than satisfied, especially if they're multi-colored or flash.

OK that’s hideous. Maybe I’m being too much of a Flying Scooter purist, but those lights are a distraction when there’s serious work to be done.

dabrian wrote:Carolina Timbers...

Wormy wrote:Carolina Timbers LOL. Someone get to work on that logo right away!

CCookieMonster wrote:Redrunner should do the logo. His logos are the best!

No pressure :wink:
Wormy wrote:OK that’s hideous. Maybe I’m being too much of a Flying Scooter purist, but those lights are a distraction when there’s serious work to be done.

Our flyers (or as KI fans would say, our stolen flyers :roll: ) are structurally diffferent from this newer model. I think, if handled properly, the ones at Carowinds could look nice with lights. I'm of the mindset that any lights are better than no lights at all though...

Carolina Timbers...

Wormy wrote:Carolina Timbers LOL. Someone get to work on that logo right away!

CCookieMonster wrote:Redrunner should do the logo. His logos are the best!

No pressure :wink:

I don't know about a logo, but I've already got the perfect mascot!! :lol:

By gabed
"It was on this day 50 years ago that the Carolina Acres sweet potato farm was wiped out by a mysterious presence. Eyewitnesses claimed to have spotted what can only be described as a humanoid tree-man ravaging through the fields. For half a century Carolina Acres has sat empty, until now. It is your job to enter the haunted potato farm and find out the truth, albeit while trying not to be found by the Tree-Man. Brave the journey on the all new, 'Carolina Timbers' next summer!"

#CarolinaTimbers #Carowinds2019 #WhatsInThePotatoSack
tarheel1231 wrote:I hope that they at least retheme Peanuts Pirates to fit in with Camp Snoopy. Sure, there are a few other rides that don't make you think "Camp" located in that section, but PP especially feels out of place.

I'm pretty sure all the old rides will get new names to fit the camp snoopy theme minus Woodstock Express.

My thoughts and hopes on the flyers? Catawba River Gliders, Paw Creek Flyers or Lake Wylie Flyers since being moved near County Fair it'll be on the SC side of the park.

Light package? :-D
IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG (52.71 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
Any chance our new building for the carousel will have some lights like Kings Island?
Attachments