General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
Justin wrote:Flying Cobra's reverse lift hill exploded mid way and train rolled back and is stuck! Nobody on it tho. Testing all day. A lot of stuff is breaking lately.

Poor choice of words there, if it was testing all day then the lift hill didn't explode nor was the train stuck. Putting two and two together, the second lift either failed to engage or disengaged early and the train vallied between the lift and Loop.

It happens several times a year, however it is fun to laugh at because it happens so often.
By gabed
tarheel1231 wrote:Ricochet can go die in a hole. I used to love that thing but now it's just migraine city. :thumbdown:

Incorrect
By Justin
RollerBee wrote:
Justin wrote:Flying Cobra's reverse lift hill exploded mid way and train rolled back and is stuck! Nobody on it tho. Testing all day. A lot of stuff is breaking lately.

Poor choice of words there, if it was testing all day then the lift hill didn't explode nor was the train stuck. Putting two and two together, the second lift either failed to engage or disengaged early and the train vallied between the lift and Loop.

It happens several times a year, however it is fun to laugh at because it happens so often.

It made an explosion sound and people were running and screaming for a few seconds. I even covered my head. It was exciting to see it almost make the loop and teeter back and forth. The mechs were pushing the train back and forth to get it centered and locked in place at thw bottom to work on it.
By TheBoss01
Justin wrote:
RollerBee wrote:

It made an explosion sound and people were running and screaming for a few seconds. I even covered my head. It was exciting to see it almost make the loop and teeter back and forth. The mechs were pushing the train back and forth to get it centered and locked in place at thw bottom to work on it.

3rd time seeing this happen, once happening right in front of me. I saw the train in that position while I was on Vortex. Like you said, it is interesting to watch happen, but I must be the only one getting tired of this happening so often this year. All day (before this happened) when I was at Carowinds I wished to ride it, however it remained closed as I went through the county fair area. I also noticed that there were maintenance workers in the queue during my visit in the county fair (around 6-7ish).
By Justin
There's been a lot of stuff closed or broke this year. For instance, Carowinds Cafe never was open last year because of a fire. This year they changed it to Burrito Cafe and that was never open. Half the drink and snack stands are closed. They are running one train for the coasters on weekdays. Landscaping looks like poop. Cirque Imagine seems to operate whenever they feel like it. And the CabanaRita across from JukeBox was never opened. WindSeeker isn't seeking any wind. ElectroSpin is in testing 85% of the time. And Rock n Roller doesn't go in reverse. List goes on... I go to the park very frequently except for Saturday, so this stuff might only be open on Saturday? Taking a guess. Starting to feel like a mall during the recession or like a Six Flags yuck.
By pproteinc
^ You're mistaken. According to my pass I've been to the park 75 times and the burrito cafe has been open almost 90% of the time except maybe Mondays and Wednesdays. Now the Jukebox diner on the other hand has been closed most of the season. I say demolish and put a giant frisbee in its place.

Cobra has had 4 chain snaps this year making your statement number 5. Not sure what pms issues cobra is having this year. It defvwadnt like this last year. Electro is 9 times out of 10 rider error. While loading people are kicking a pushing against the seats causing the ride to move which in turn causes the ride to operate but not park leaving riders in the air or leave the ride swaying back in forth trying to find the nitch I guess so it can lower itself. Rock N Roller has never gone backwards and it won't. Lastly there's no reason to run all trains on a coaster when crowds are light why exhaust them when they really don't need to. It's dead during the week. The workers has even shared that it hasn't been as busy this year as last year during the week. I leaning to the fact it's just to damn hot out and people are not trying to be cooked all day. As for landscaping. Are you serious? It's been years sense I've seen so many plants and planters at Carowinds. Ms Pat has really put her stamp on the park. Flowers everywhere. In places I've never seen them in before even on the upper ends of the lamp posts around the park.
By Justin
pproteinc wrote:^ You're mistaken. According to my pass I've been to the park 75 times and the burrito cafe has been open almost 90% of the time except maybe Mondays and Wednesdays. Now the Jukebox diner on the other hand has been closed most of the season. I say demolish and put a giant frisbee in its place.

Cobra has had 4 chain snaps this year making your statement number 5. Not sure what pms issues cobra is having this year. It defvwadnt like this last year. Electro is 9 times out of 10 rider error. While loading people are kicking a pushing against the seats causing the ride to move which in turn causes the ride to operate but not park leaving riders in the air or leave the ride swaying back in forth trying to find the nitch I guess so it can lower itself. Rock N Roller has never gone backwards and it won't. Lastly there's no reason to run all trains on a coaster when crowds are light why exhaust them when they really don't need to. It's dead during the week. The workers has even shared that it hasn't been as busy this year as last year during the week. I leaning to the fact it's just to damn hot out and people are not trying to be cooked all day. As for landscaping. Are you serious? It's been years sense I've seen so many plants and planters at Carowinds. Ms Pat has really put her stamp on the park. Flowers everywhere. In places I've never seen them in before even on the upper ends of the lamp posts around the park.

It seems for the most part everybody is in a pissing contest with everybody on here. I'm giving my point of view and what I experienced. I'm not making stuff up. I am always in the park whenever I get off work, so I feel like I see more as a park guest. I also tend to have higher expectations for things to be top notch. You are entitled to what you believe.
By RollerBee
pproteinc wrote:^ You're mistaken. According to my pass I've been to the park 75 times and the burrito cafe has been open almost 90% of the time except maybe Mondays and Wednesdays. Now the Jukebox diner on the other hand has been closed most of the season. I say demolish and put a giant frisbee in its place.

75 visits, isn't that close to every operating day?
By Justin
There is a guy that works marketing at the park and usually rides the Fury when he's not working. He goes on thru the exit and fills in for a single rider seat in the front or the back. I think he is at more than 1500 Fury rides this season-- I don't know the exact number, so I don't mean to offend that person.
By pproteinc
^ Precisely Roller. I go everyday for dinner. It's on the the way home so why not.

No Justin, I'm never pissed on an internet forum. You gave your opinion and I'm politely disagreeing with you.
By tarheel1231
Nah I just got back.

Rode Plantz vs. Zombies, Electrospin, Fury, and Ripcord.

I am never doing Ripcord again. :lol:

Also, shout out to the Ripcord crew. They were great! I don't know if the park gives raises based off of good reviews but they were awesome.
By fonzlinney
Looking forward to going to the park tomorrow I noticed when I was there last Sunday they had a guy in place of the young lady with the four main characters for the show cirque imagine I still love the show I admire the skill and strength, also has anyone noticed Fury seems to be running faster at least that's what I have noticed the past few weeks I have been there.
By Justin
fonzlinney wrote:Looking forward to going to the park tomorrow I noticed when I was there last Sunday they had a guy in place of the young lady with the four main characters for the show cirque imagine I still love the show I admire the skill and strength, also has anyone noticed Fury seems to be running faster at least that's what I have noticed the past few weeks I have been there.

I second that. Fury is running much faster now. I hope they changed the wheels. The ride was running rough mid-July.