General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
Well in regards to the last page, I haven't had a problem with any of my visits to the park this year. Park looks and feels great.

Anyone out there who thinks Carowinds is comparable to a Six Flags park has never been to a Six Flags park.
By tinotoot
Yeah, I haven't noticed many major issues in the park during my personal visits, but I don't go nearly as often as a lot of people on this forum. The only thing I do notice is that Electrospin is down a lot. I haven't been on it yet because it's always down when I go! Also, so many of the chairs are blocked off in PvZ but I think it's so there's equal players on each team, and the 3D still isn't working. I had thought the 3D was only off during autism awareness week at Carowinds for a sensory-friendly experience, but the next few times I went the 3D was still off; not a huge problem for me as I don't like 3D anyways! It's been a great season so far, sure, some of the staff have been a little less than friendly but working in 90+ degree heat with cranky, difficult customers may not make you the happiest person! I can't blame them, I work in the heat too! Hoping next year's season is just as good if not better!
By TheBoss01
tinotoot wrote:and the 3D still isn't working. I had thought the 3D was only off during autism awareness week at Carowinds for a sensory-friendly experience, but the next few times I went the 3D was still off; not a huge problem for me as I don't like 3D anyways!

The 3D effect has been working for the last week when I have gone on PvZ.
By RollerBee
tarheel1231 wrote:They must not use 3D in low traffic then. We didn't get glasses the Thursday I went in July, but the 3D was working when it was packed yesterday.

One of the four times I have been since PvZ opened, which are 50% during the summer weeks and 50% on weekends I have never seen the 3D not working.
By Hiveminded
They wasted no time once the park closed for weekly operation. Looks like they are doing some work to the pavers in front of Zephyr, which is understandable because it seems like they are chipping pretty quickly in the whole area.
By pproteinc
^ Yea I'm thinking the pavers or stone chosen are of the softer kind that are not meant for high traffic volume.

PvZ 3D was out for at least 3wks at one point and the whole top row of seat guns were not working which is why they were roped off.
By FamousAmos
I was told that the 3D is working now apparently. Not sure if half the seats are still non functional or not though.
By cadi40
I love PVZ, Easily one of the most themed attractions in Carowinds, At times is feels like Disney Theming until I walk back outside to extremely loud Pop music playing.
By RRRAPIDS
PVZ is a great ride when everything is working. It's even better when the theater is full. I'm glad to hear the 3D effect and glasses are back. Also, they should advertise the attraction more. Would you believe many people don't know PVZ exists? In other news, they need to fix the TV's at the exit where it takes pictures of people with the highest scores. Hopefully this week, they can find time to fix all of that.
By CCookieMonster
^I always thought it would be wonderful for Carowinds to add LED lights to the 1st tunnel and the lift hill. I'm glad to hear the mist is back! Is the park going to be super crowded this Saturday? I usually go on Fridays, which are pretty crowded, but even BEFORE Fury, I went to Carowinds on a regular Saturday in July and the park was really crowded and all the lines were long, so I can't imagine how it will be AFTER Fury was added. I just wanna know if the line for the top 4 rides (Timmy, Fury, Nighthawk, and Afterburn) and the County Fair rides will be about 45mins-1hr and 30 minutes or closer to 2 hours. JUst wanted to know before my trip this Saturday. Thanks in advance!