General Carowinds discussion
By RRRAPIDS
tarheel1231 wrote:Isn't the 3 Point Challenge already being moved over to the Showplace where the games currently are? The blueprints for the Vortex renovation had a relocated ride (the carousel) and a relocated game.

The 3 point challenge is staying in its current spot. It's the other style games that have like the 5 or 6 hoops. The showplace one is just moving across the road, which will be a few feet away from its current spot.
By CCookieMonster
I just wish for a new water ride, like a water coaster, or a log flume, or a ride very similar to WWF. I aso would like to see a large racing GCI woodie (125 ft tall, 65 mph) and an Intamin Blitz that's around 110 ft tall, but has multiple launches (i think 2 is good, 3 is too much). One of the large coasters could be in 2019 and then the other in 2023 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Carowinds. Another thing, I'd like is for the Carowinds theme song to play repeatedly all day at all three entrances. Most people have nevr heard of the song and having play at the entrance would be great exposure and it would just be nice to know the song is actually being heard/ used instead of just having it being used for rare occasions.

Will Carowinds be celebrating the 45th anniversary? If they did, the wish of having the Carowinds theme song play repeatedly every day at all 3 entrances would be really nice.
By deaconnor
CCookieMonster wrote:I just wish for a new water ride, like a water coaster, or a log flume, or a ride very similar to WWF. I aso would like to see a large racing GCI woodie (125 ft tall, 65 mph) and an Intamin Blitz that's around 110 ft tall, but has multiple launches (i think 2 is good, 3 is too much). One of the large coasters could be in 2019 and then the other in 2023 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Carowinds. Another thing, I'd like is for the Carowinds theme song to play repeatedly all day at all three entrances. Most people have nevr heard of the song and having play at the entrance would be great exposure and it would just be nice to know the song is actually being heard/ used instead of just having it being used for rare occasions.

Will Carowinds be celebrating the 45th anniversary? If they did, the wish of having the Carowinds theme song play repeatedly every day at all 3 entrances would be really nice.

They'd have to boost they pay of the employees working there if they're going to put them through that Hell.
By uscbandfan
I can imaging the 'hell' because I can relate because I worked in a movie theater back when and hearing the same songs in the lobby over and over got a bit annoying after awhile. (Good way to learn lyrics though.)

Anyway, I like the idea. I enjoyed hearing it at 10:00 back in the day (if I'm there at 10:00 now, I'm on Fury and don't hear it.)

Maybe play the theme song at the top of every hour. It would give a lot of people a chance to hear it as well as serve as a "top-of-the-hour" chime.
By cwgator
I think I would want to bust my eardrums if I had to hear the same song for a 6-8+ hour shift. While not Carowinds, I got irritated hearing the theme music to River Battle and Mystery Mine @ Dollywood after they played through twice (and I was in a 40 min line for MM). I guess those workers have learned to ignore it.

I could see every hour on the hour.
By tarheel1231
God I hated hearing 'Summer Nights' when I worked at Wendy's. The song almost felt like it was taunting me, reminding me that my summer nights were spent cooped up in a cramped kitchen with super anal managers.

But enough about me, I say the park opts for more live entertainment music like they've been doing with the Catawba Creek Duo and and the Bluegrass Roots show. It really provides a sense of atmosphere that you can't get from stereos alone.
By CCookieMonster
Now that I think about repeatedly over and over again would get irritating, and I would hate to be one of the employees at the gates to have to listen to it over and over and over again for 6 hours straight. The top of every hour seems a lot more reasonable, but other than the top after they play the full song I think the Superman type music can continue.
By cwgator
tarheel1231 wrote:God I hated hearing 'Summer Nights' when I worked at Wendy's. The song almost felt like it was taunting me, reminding me that my summer nights were spent cooped up in a cramped kitchen with super anal managers.

When I was a manager at Taco Bell, I couldn't wait to turn that damn Muzak off once the dining room was closed. If I had to hear "Lovefool" by the Cardigans more more time I was going to bust every speaker in the place (after disabling the cameras of course...lol). Mind you that was 20 years ago. I still have flashbacks sometimes when it comes on.

I can only imagine the anal managers you had at Wendy's. I was an assistant/training manager with them after leaving Taco Bell and they had their fair share of them back then.
By tarheel1231
New wishlist idea! Dance of the Dead

CONCEPT
Virtual Reality-based dark ride that sends guests hurtling around an Charleston hotel ballroom. Practical effects include moving paintings, flying/floating ghosts, lighting, etc. The Vehicles are shaped like tables seating 10 people (around 4 vehicles). Located in current Boo Blasters building.

STORY
The Harmony Hotel has been one of South Carolina's most prestigious inns, and it's become famous for its elegant balls (teenage me couldn't resist :lol: ). However, these parties have disturbed the former resident, [insert name here], and he's returning over a century later with an army of the dead to terrify guests!

THE EXPERIENCE
Guests step into a hotel lobby through the front of the building, wait until current ride has ended before being dispersed around the front desks through two entrances. Guests put on Virtual Reality headsets and the ride starts. Disembodied voice speaks, room goes dark, tables illuminated by green light and they begin to "levitate" (the vehicles just extend from the ground). Room gets filled, swarmed by ghosts and they do things like "haunting" guests. Ride eventually ends.

OTHER
Overall I think something like this could make for an immersive attraction that guests have to come to Carowinds to experience. VR just seems better suited for dark rides than coasters. Also, the ride's theme could change based on seasonality, so you could introduce a darker theme during SCarowinds and a Christmas theme during Winterfest.
By gabed
Change the name to Haunted Timbers and you've got a winner :lol:

In all seriousness that's a really good idea. Where in the park were you thinking of having it placed?
By tarheel1231
Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. I love the ride but a good 75% of the effects aren't working and the park now has two shooting dark rides with Plantz Vs. Zombies. Something like this could be unique and possibly higher capacity (though it would use VR, so....)
By RRRAPIDS
I love the idea of this attraction. To me it seems like a heavenly themed massive teacup flat ride. But It's a great innovative concept. A great location would be in Thunder Roads old spot. As far as the Boo Blasters attraction building it should stay the same. Maybe Boo Blasters, and now PVZ should get minor upgrades. They are still great family attractions.
By Wood Coaster
Keep Dinosaurs Alive.

Just build some around it..... Family/Kid Coaster..... Ride through the Jungle..... or some type of Water Ride though it. (Sort like Jurassic Park at Universal Studios).

Might be able to keep both (a walk through & ride).

If they are really trying to bring in more Family's to park it could possibly be a great addition to Camp Snoopy.