Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
This really is just a completely random question/observation, but it's something I've had happen a couple times recently.

Whenever I meet/talk to someone who is from a place that has a park I want to go to, and I mention wanting to visit it, they often respond by telling me their park is not that big or exciting, etc. They'll say something like "oh yeah it's cool but it doesn't have a lot of big rides or anything."

Does this happen to other people? I've gotten people tell me this about Canobie Lake Park, Michigan's Adventure, Lake Compounce, Silver Dollar City, Kennywood, and probably others.

It doesn't make that much sense to me, since I was the one who brought up the park first, I obviously know what it is? But people seem to think I'm expecting their home park to be a Disney or a Cedar Point.
When I worked at Cedar Point a co-worker and I made a trip down to Holiday World. He was wearing a CP shirt and a guy in line for one of the coasters (who said he lived nearby) commented on it and how he had always wanted to go there and they had the best rides. We were like "We just drove 7 hours here because you have the best coasters here at your local park!"
One day in Japan and I already want to live here. Jonathan, you're not going to know what to do. Mass transit, orderly walking instructions, and bicycles everywhere!!!

It's so quiet. Stumbled upon Japan's oldest park today, got a credit, rode two awesome dark rides, and did one other haunted attraction. Park was owned by Togo.

I can't wait to share the trip with you all. Now off to Kyoto. Space Workd on Tuesday (I'm a day ahead of you).
By gabed
Dude I'm jealous! Can't wait to read this. Also, after Nagashima will you have ridden all the gigas?
Edwardo wrote:One day in Japan and I already want to live here. Jonathan, you're not going to know what to do. Mass transit, orderly walking instructions, and bicycles everywhere!!!

It's so quiet. Stumbled upon Japan's oldest park today, got a credit, rode two awesome dark rides, and did one other haunted attraction. Park was owned by Togo.

I can't wait to share the trip with you all. Now off to Kyoto. Space Workd on Tuesday (I'm a day ahead of you).

Eager to hear about it when you get back and have some advice to use when we go next month. We're staying across the street from that Togo park (Hanayashiki?) one night so I'll have to go over and do some of the rides.
Tips off the bat-
Bring a pillow (both of you).
Once you get here you'll need to find a 100¥ store (easy to find) and pick up a coin purse and umbrella (trust me on both).
You will go to 7 Eleven a lot to use the ATM. (They're everywhere and have their own bank here)
You learn to convert Yen after about a day.
You will say some form of Arigato/Arigato Gozaimus (phonetically) a lot. And everyone here will love you for trying to speak at least a little Japanese. (I took two years in school)
By gabed
I'm hitting up Six Flags America for the first time in a few weeks on a Saturday. Any tips would be great. Also is a Flash Pass necessary?
By Jay
As long as you get there early you don't need a Flash Pass. The best tip is always to head to the back of the park first for Superman and Batwing, but sometimes Batwing has wonky opening times. Ragin Cajun will be the slowest line, so that might be worth hitting early too.

Roar is best in the front, Superman is best in the back, Wild One is good in the front and back.
Tokyo Disneysea really is as amazing as everyone says. I hope more of you geeks can get out here to see it. Today is my last full day in Japan. Spending it at Disneyland. It's as crowded as you've heard. But it's a great park. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed and write up my trip report.
So my friend and I arrived to SFOG around 5pm yesturday a day trip from Charlotte and was astonished at how packed the park was. Almost turned around lol. I was told it was not only the first day of FrightFest which I knew but also the blood drive with free admission and also it was bring a friend for free Day. It was a bit much to say the least but we it made thru ok lol.

Now I know SFOG has an issue with wild teens but for Justice League a brand new ride only 5 months old to look like it's been in the park for 10yrs is crazy. This is in the que line.