General Carowinds discussion
By Edwardo
To kind of piggy back off of what arby said, Jeff putz on coasterbuzz, who’s fairly connected, said what I’d heard years ago that the last time they did winter fest, they broke even, but Kingsley’s killed it. Ouimet though, thinks that it’s something that can be built up as a tradition for families. Ouimet gets it and I’m glad he’s influenced Zimmerman and that one will be chairman of the board and one will be CEO.
By Stayseeliz
We went tonight and it was absolutely perfect. Way over the top with lights dripping off everything which is the way it should be!! We kind of just strolled around taking it all in tonight but we’ll ice skate and do other activities when we go again. We got there right at 5 which was great for parking and eating quickly but the park was hopping. It’s truly magical for kids and all the workers were so upbeat and fun. I loved it!!
By arby
Edwardo wrote:To kind of piggy back off of what arby said, Jeff putz on coasterbuzz, who’s fairly connected, said what I’d heard years ago that the last time they did winter fest, they broke even, but Kinzel killed it. Ouimet though, thinks that it’s something that can be built up as a tradition for families. Ouimet gets it and I’m glad he’s influenced Zimmerman and that one will be chairman of the board and one will be CEO.

Thank you for sharing that as it confirms my opinion that the 2005 WinterFest was not an epic failure. I had no insight into the industry at that time but we went and it was not 'dead' and didn't 'suck' as some have claimed. We thought it was fun (although it certainly wasn't at the level it is for this new take on it).

Breaking even on a new non-mega thrill attraction the first year is actually good and shows that it has potential if you listen to feedback and continue to improve upon it. You can't lose sight of the big picture for short-term gain.
By aoriole19
Hi I'm back again 5 days later with the same question. How much is parking? I don't remember how much regular season parking costs lol.

Also, doesn't it seem a bit high to charge the regular season parking price? Since the park is open for less than half the time?
By Edwardo
I answered that last time, parking is the same as it always is. $20 for regular and $30 for VIP. It’s listed on the website. ;-)

Also in my previous post that arby quoted, my phone auto corrected Kinzle to Kingsley.
I know right! I've been wondering why they refuse to move the camera. Well, maybe refuse is a strong word, but for those of us who can't make it to Winterfest this year, it would sure be nice to atleast see more than just camp snoopy and a tiny portion of the parking lot. I'm not ranting, just agreeing.
By jlc9701
They do not seem to care anymore what we want. Get ready for some good ole fashioned Paramount pounding.