General Carowinds discussion
By pproteinc
Just tried my fifth holiday item, the roast beast burger. It’s basically a heart attack on a plate and I loved it. Lol

Beef patty, bacon and pulled pork all on a pretzel bun. Of course I added the spicy cranberry sauce to it.
By jeffdavis
Made my first visit last night. Loved it. Well done. It should be much better next year when Camp Snoopy is done and gliders and carousel are moved. Loved the lights/decorations, petting zoo, and ice skating the most. I thought the reuse of Scarowinds decorations (Fleet Street and the ogre's building) were clever.
By FamousAmos
Here are some pictures I took last night (iPhone 7). Wish I had brought my camera in the park and used that instead.

By arby
I knew what you meant, Edwardo - but I fixed it in my quote of you. :)

I went on Sunday and I must say that we were very impressed. Great initial roll out of WinterFest!

EDIT: Here is a video I put together of WinterFest.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/kQeIr8HerEU[/youtube]
By jeffdavis
I'd say the general consensus on here is that Winterfest is already a big success. I was talking to a family with small children and they voiced a "wish list" item for the future, and I'm wondering if it's practical or if anyone agrees:

Could Winterfest open earlier on Saturdays and Sundays to better accommodate children with early bedtimes or families with longer drives home? Something like 3:00 on Saturdays and Sundays (not practical on Fridays due to student employees). I know the lights are fantastic and you need full darkness for their effect, but the decorations, rides, shows, skating, food, crafts, etc. could be enjoyed longer than the 5 hours and families could cover more ground and leave at a decent hour. In-park spending should increase.

Thoughts?

Too early for a Winterfest wishlist? Too much labor overhead? Remember there will be more "to do" potentially after the gliders and carousel are relocated and Camp Snoopy is open.
By RRRAPIDS
[quote="jeffdavis"]I'd say the general consensus on here is that Winterfest is already a big success. I was talking to a family with small children and they voiced a "wish list" item for the future, and I'm wondering if it's practical or if anyone agrees:

Could Winterfest open earlier on Saturdays and Sundays to better accommodate children with early bedtimes or families with longer drives home? Something like 3:00 on Saturdays and Sundays (not practical on Fridays due to student employees). I know the lights are fantastic and you need full darkness for their effect, but the decorations, rides, shows, skating, food, crafts, etc. could be enjoyed longer than the 5 hours and families could cover more ground and leave at a decent hour. In-park spending should increase.

Thoughts?

Too early for a Winterfest wishlist? Too much labor overhead? Remember there will be more "to do" potentially after the gliders and carousel are relocated and Camp Snoopy is open.[/quote. :arrow: :arrow: I do agree on Saturday and Sundays being open earlier. But still keep the same closing times (10pm) But I think and extra hour earlier would help the flow of things. Open the parking gate by 3:15, allow people to enter the park by 3:30, and open the park 4pm Saturdays and Sundays. But I believe more of Camp Snoopy, The Gliders, and maybe another additional coaster offering would be done next year.
By pproteinc
^ I believe this Friday Winterfest will start opening at 4pm.

So tonight is rather populated. I love seeing the smiling faces. I tried my sixth Holiday good item; the Burgermiester Meisterburger aka the Turderken. Grilled turkey nicely seasoned with the Carowinds famous spicy cranberry sauce smeared on top with a side of fries.

By jeffdavis
I thought original hours were only 5 to 10. Was the schedule changed or did I just misread it? Either way, opening at 4 sounds great. That coincides with a lot of student workers being out of school.