General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
When it comes to coasters in the park it’s starting to feel like Blue is the new Red :lol:
By gabed
RollerBee wrote:The original Carousel house is gone. :thumbdown: :cry:
It was leveled in a matter of hours.

What did you think they were going to do with it?
Flyers are not getting installed until 2019 from what I have heard. Guess we are getting flyers and a coaster? My guess is that whole area will be re-done and expnaded for 2019, whether a coaster is included or not...
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Flyers are not getting installed until 2019 from what I have heard. Guess we are getting flyers and a coaster? My guess is that whole area will be re-done and expnaded for 2019, whether a coaster is included or not...

I begun to suspect that for a reason I previously posted.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Flyers are not getting installed until 2019 from what I have heard. Guess we are getting flyers and a coaster? My guess is that whole area will be re-done and expnaded for 2019, whether a coaster is included or not...

Based on . . .
Chris wrote:

It's still on the website. https://www.carowinds.com/play/rides/woodstock-gliders

The carousel is still under planet snoopy to... Just because its on the website, doesn't mean anything, it is January, they likely wont change the website until next month, or maybe even early March. I dont know when they removed the kiddie pool.

This is based on the fact there are no signs of it being rebuilt this season, the cars are sitting in the waterpark, have no been refurb'd, there's no permits etc. Also have some inside knowledge :) Oh well, guess we will see, I would love for it to be back this year, but dont expect it.
By Chris
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:
Chris wrote:

It's still on the website. https://www.carowinds.com/play/rides/woodstock-gliders

The carousel is still under planet snoopy to... Just because its on the website, doesn't mean anything, it is January, they likely wont change the website until next month, or maybe even early March. I dont know when they removed the kiddie pool.

This is based on the fact there are no signs of it being rebuilt this season, the cars are sitting in the waterpark, have no been refurb'd, there's no permits etc. Also have some inside knowledge :) Oh well, guess we will see, I would love for it to be back this year, but dont expect it.

Why would they store it in the water park if they had no plans to reinstall it next to the water park? It sure seems like it would have been easier to just move the cars straight to storage instead of moving them to the water park and then to storage?
^^Umm looks like storage to me....
They are in an area that will not be open to the public. I am going to agree with RideWarrior.

Yes the park announced Flyers would be moving to near the County Fair but they also announced the Wild Bull would be put in storage and reinstalled in the future.

Carowinds also said they were rebuilding Thunder Road for years to come...5 million dollars and 8 years later they pissed that investment away.

Sometimes it isn’t what the park says that y’all should be watching, it is what the park does.