General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
I’ve been here for so long that Tarheel’s MS Paint renderings make me feel nostalgic. Keen em coming!
By gabed
BS1983CLT wrote:So anyone still think that we will just be getting a Vortex conversion for 19'?

No. The "Project Alpha" permit is not related to the hotel and states the creation of "multiple foundations" a la coaster footers. Obviously they wouldn't need approval for the construction of these if they were converting Vortex.
By chknwing
gabed wrote:
BS1983CLT wrote:So anyone still think that we will just be getting a Vortex conversion for 19'?

No. The "Project Alpha" permit is not related to the hotel and states the creation of "multiple foundations" a la coaster footers. Obviously they wouldn't need approval for the construction of these if they were converting Vortex.

I still dont how you guys are getting coaster from that project alpha permit. it just says foundations. that could be for 2 flats and maybe a store or something. Foundations doesn't necessarily mean 100 footers. We know Gliders is being relocated, so thats one foundation.
By RollerBee
Cause anything of the sizes you mentioned could easily be finished before the start of 2018 season and even if you are talking another Harmony Hall it is still too early.
By TheCoasterMan1
With the opening of the hotel in 2019, I am very confident (not certain) that a coaster is coming as well. If not I would be very surprised but I feel like it makes the most sense from a consumer perspective to give me a reason to visit the park, and hopefully stay at the hotel.
By CCookieMonster
^I completely agree with you! 2019 HAS to be huge if we're getting a new HOTEL. A hotel is pretty big news so- even though we all expected it...well most of us expected it to come soon- I think a coaster is almost obvious at this point. Now I'm just wondering if it's a wooden GCI or some type of launch coaster because so far we've been filling in the "holes" in the park and I believe we will continue to do just that in big ways.
By BS1983CLT
Canada's Wonderland's new coaster looks to be massive! There's a picture of the track on a flatbed truck with a different style of track. The spine has an angle to it.

So, I don't see Carowinds getting a B&M in 2019. (Which is totally fine with me)

I am still on board with a GCI like Mystic Timbers. (Hopefully no shed)

Why would they call this project Alpha if it's not a new coaster or a Vortex conversion? Doesn't make sense...
By gabed
Coaster or not, I can guarantee you that it's not a Vortex conversion purely based off the "foundations" part of the permit. I'm so sick of hearing enthusiasts (not just on this site) scream "Floorless Vortex!" when they don't know what else to say that at this point I wish the park would just remove it entirely. :lolno:
By gabed
tarheel1231 wrote:The permit was filed in South Carolina. That rules out Vortex entirely.

Forgot about that. This in mind, RMC Hurler is a no go as well, though I'm pretty sure we've been at that conclusion for awhile now