General Carowinds discussion
By Hiveminded
Hey guys, I made a GCI that would fit in the area that is looking more and more ready for construction. I'm not even sure its going to be a GCI especially after the hype train started getting REALLY big with the hotel and relocated flat opening in the same year, it could be something bigger. However I hope you enjoy my speculation on whats to come!
(Also this is my 325th post :P)

Overview:
By tarheel1231
Whatever coaster they decide to put there, I really hope they connect the backside of Crossroads to that midway near County Fair and Windseeker. A pathway behind Boo Blasters and Dodgems would really encourage traffic flow and make Crossroads feel like less of a dead end.
By uscbandfan
tarheel1231 wrote:Whatever coaster they decide to put there, I really hope they connect the backside of Crossroads to that midway near County Fair and Windseeker. A pathway behind Boo Blasters and Dodgems would really encourage traffic flow and make Crossroads feel like less of a dead end.

TOUCHE' :clap: :clap:
By gabed
To me the most important thing is that the entrance is in Crossroads. Build the station on top of Dodgems for all I care, just please bring life into that area.

EDIT: Holy crap after six years I finally made my 1,000th post
Last edited by gabed on February 16th, 2018, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Edwardo
Dodgems could easily be moved. Eventually when that area is redone I hope they replace the Yo-yo with a nice newer small flat. That and the rest of the front plaza are all that’s really left that needs redone. Boardwalk has held up well. Everything else is new.
By gabed
Front plaza seems to be being done in small amounts here and there. Really it's biggest problem is that it's just not spacious enough. I will commend the park in their efforts to open it up (removing the planter, relocating Panda Express) but there's a lot of things that still can be done. I imagine the Eddy's building's days are numbered, and 3 Point Challenge is so awkwardly placed in the middle of everything. Same goes for Auntie Anne's, it's just kinda there.
By coasterbruh
BS1983CLT wrote:Canada's Wonderland's new coaster looks to be massive! There's a picture of the track on a flatbed truck with a different style of track. The spine has an angle to it.

Could you point me to them?

Also . . . anything thought since Project Alpha has surfaced, that project Beta isn't too far behind :shh: :shh: :wave:
By cadi40
Is there an actual project beta? I could've sworn I've seen a permit for it. Please don't make fun of me if I am just falling for the sarcasm I can be quite incumbent sometimes.
By tarheel1231
Not necessarily, they might just want to keep the project(s) under wraps. I might be mistaken, but I think the permit for the hotel was also removed from the site when it was first filed last year.
By CCookieMonster
Wow, this is all so interesting. I just hope the hotel has a special Carowinds touch to it I guess. I don't want to walk into my room at a hotel that has the name Carowinds in it and it has no Carowinds pictures anywhere... just a thought.
By coasterbruh
CCookieMonster wrote:Wow, this is all so interesting. I just hope the hotel has a special Carowinds touch to it I guess. I don't want to walk into my room at a hotel that has the name Carowinds in it and it has no Carowinds pictures anywhere... just a thought.

Lucky for you, you won't have that problem.
By gabed
I’m sure the property will pay a little homage to the park, but keep in mind this isn’t (and was never going to be) DreamMore like a lot of people seemed to have expected.