General Carowinds discussion
By CCookieMonster
Oh, okay. So my hopes aren't too high. It's weird how the coaster community, we just look forward instead of the present. Don't get me wrong, we're all excited for 2018 to bring Camp Snoopy, but it's just that we always look far ahead (eg, this thread lol). And I'm NOT saying there's anything wrong, I just thought about it for once.
By gabed
That behavior isn’t exclusive to this community. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m very guilty of researching what the next big smart phone will be despite the newest model only being a couple months old.

Though I do think a lot of it here has to do with the fact that while this addition was badly needed, it’s not really something any of us here can enjoy. I remember back in the ’14-15 offseason, even in the days leading up to opening weekend, Fury was the only thing we were focused on. Sure there were a few thoughts about whatever 2016’s “big splash” was going to be, but Fury was the only thing any of us cared about.

2018 will be a very interesting season for us, I imagine I’ll be riding Windseeker quite a few times to get a better look at the 2019 plot. Even with the “Prject Alpha” permits mysteriously going away, I’m still pretty convinced on this being a coaster. Even if this isn’t the case, I firmly believe this land will not be used for Carolina Harbor.
By Cavan
My money is on an Intamin Rocket. Carowinds lacks hard in the woodie department, but desperately needs a launch experience. Cedar Point is doin' just fine with one true woodie. Remember when some Cedar Fair official posted a photo of an Intamin-labeled folder? Hopefully this ride will have a large top-hat and a nice quick launch, maybe a roll or two :D
By tarheel1231
I think it’s still likely Cedar Fair isn’t touching Intamin with a 325 foot pole. Not impossible, as CGA had an Impulse listed in their plans, but at any rate, I doubt they’d want another TTD.
By Edwardo
The photo of the Intamin labeked folder was a joke when they were teasing Steel Vengeance. They’re not going to
Be working with Intamin for the foreseeable future.
By gabed
Hope isn’t going to undo the millions of dollars in maintenance, lawsuits, and PR disasters that Intamin has caused Cedar Fair. There will be a snowball fight in hell before another Intamin is built in Cedar Fair.

As for the impulse in the CGA rendering, I believe that just put there as a proof of concept. Remember that X Flight from SFGA was in that same rendering.
By Cavan
Maybe Mack could deliver if there is a company dispute. Im dying for a stormrunner type. Imagine that rolling high above the trees over chick-fil-a, plenty of space, it could be done.
By CCookieMonster
gabed wrote:Hope isn’t going to undo the millions of dollars in maintenance, lawsuits, and PR disasters that Intamin has caused Cedar Fair. There will be a snowball fight in hell before another Intamin is built in Cedar Fair.

As for the impulse in the CGA rendering, I believe that just put there as a proof of concept. Remember that X Flight from SFGA was in that same rendering.

Oh, well...thanks for help I guess?
By gabed
Probably for Camp Snoopy. We won’t see footers for the 2019 project until June at the earliest.