General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
I’m a simple man with simple wishes. I’d love to see the park leave these lights as well as some of the tree lights and building lights on throughout the entire year.

By tarheel1231
I feel like I make a Boo Blasters replacement post every other month, but my latest idea is called "Ghost Tour."

CONCEPT: VR attraction similar to Battle for Eire at BGW.

THEME: Guests enter into a theater with a facade similar to Charleston's Dock Street Theater (pictured above). As they sit down and equip the VR headsets, the theater begins to move. The theater is transported to the world of the dead, where riders race through the streets of Charleston and come face to face with some of its most horrifying ghosts. The ride concludes with a finale over the harbor, where a ghost pirate ship emerges from the water, attempting to permanently trap riders within the realm of the dead. The theater successfully makes it back to the world of the living and the guests exit the ride.

QUEUE:

For the queue, I would remove the outdoor one and place it completely inside. This isn't completely necessary, but it would help guests feels as if they were entering into a real theater by going straight through the entrance doors.

The queue would be a dark lobby with a pre-show on the TV hinting to guests about the experience.

Overall, I feel that this would be a much better use of the space than what currently sits there. While I love Boo Blasters, half the time the animatronics aren't working, and Plantz vs. Zombies is probably less than 100 yards away if I want my shooting fix. This would bring an original and technologically advanced ride into the park, and it would be easier to maintain in the long run.
By Edwardo
Wood Coaster wrote:Keep Dinosaurs Alive.

Just build some around it..... Family/Kid Coaster..... Ride through the Jungle..... or some type of Water Ride though it. (Sort like Jurassic Park at Universal Studios).

Might be able to keep both (a walk through & ride).

If they are really trying to bring in more Family's to park it could possibly be a great addition to Camp Snoopy.

Dinosaurs Alive is something they’re paying to display. They can’t just keep it and incorporate the it into another ride. They don’t own the IP.
By CCookieMonster
Since 2019 is gonna be HUGE, all I want is just a few things:

- extended hours (10-midnight, Fridays and Saturdays)
I only get to go to the park about once or twice a year and on a Friday or Saturday. Sometimes there's still a good amount of people in the park at 10pm.

- taller drop tower
I love the drop tower we have, and it really deserves the title "Drop Tower: One of the Most Thrilling Rides in the World" as it says on the website, but I just wish it was maybe 215ish ft comparing it to other drop zones at other major parks (ie, KD, KI, CP, SFOG, BGW, BGT, etc.). 56mph vs 70mph makes ours sound slow even though it DEFINITELY doesn't FEEL slow at all. I do love the feeling of free fal as opposed to being "pushed" or "pulled" down.

-more lights
I didn't get to go to Winterfest, but I love the lights I saw (from pics) of the park. If the park would only keep about 1/3 of the lights up throughout the regular season, night time would be way better and more interesting from just walking around the park

- new GCI or launch coaster (Intamin Blitz, even though we may not see an Intamin)
We have enough B&Ms. We need a launch. We need a new, really good woodie

- Crossroads
No explanation needed.

- a few more thrilling flat rides
I think one of the "holes" we started filling up last year is the lack of thrilling and family flats. I know the family part of this is improving but we only have about 5 or 6 real thrill flats. I just wanna see Huss giant frisbee, or a swingin' swings, or a monster ride, just a few more thrilling flats...with lights.

- Ferris Wheel
Didn't we use to have one? They bring the traditional feel to amusement parks that make them so special, the lights, the views, the chill/calmness of the ride make it so fun...even if it goes kind of slow.

I know we can't have all of these things done in like 2 years, but I'm pretty sure a few of these things will as the expansion continues. And I know I said just a few (lol).
By tarheel1231
I'm hoping the South Gate finally gets that renovation as it will be relatively close to the 2019 attraction. Something like Carolina Harbor's front gate would be nice. Maybe push it to the west and open up that pathway under Afterburn for future park expansion.
By gabed
CCookieMonster wrote:- taller drop tower
I love the drop tower we have, and it really deserves the title "Drop Tower: One of the Most Thrilling Rides in the World" as it says on the website, but I just wish it was maybe 215ish ft comparing it to other drop zones at other major parks (ie, KD, KI, CP, SFOG, BGW, BGT, etc.). 56mph vs 70mph makes ours sound slow even though it DEFINITELY doesn't FEEL slow at all. I do love the feeling of free fal as opposed to being "pushed" or "pulled" down.

Size doesn’t matter with drop towers. By far the best ones are the Larson models, and those don’t even exceed 150 ft. Meanwhile, KD’s 300 ft tower is the tamest I’ve ever ridden. Same goes for Zumanjaro, a beautiful view but a rather boring fall. Our Drop Tower isn’t the best, but it’s definitely up there in my rankings.
By CCookieMonster
gabed wrote:Size doesn’t matter with drop towers. By far the best ones are the Larson models, and those don’t even exceed 150 ft. Meanwhile, KD’s 300 ft tower is the tamest I’ve ever ridden. Same goes for Zumanjaro, a beautiful view but a rather boring fall. Our Drop Tower isn’t the best, but it’s definitely up there in my rankings.

I haven't ridden many drop zones, but ours is the scariest I've ever ridden, TBH. I do agree with you that ours is one of the best out there. It's just that when people on YouTube (even though this doesn't matter as much as the actual ride experience) when they do park battles they say "Oh this one is 300ft tall vs this one is just 174 so [enter random drop zone about 300ft tall] wins" just because it's taller and faster. And...

tarheel1231 wrote:I'm hoping the South Gate finally gets that renovation as it will be relatively close to the 2019 attraction. Something like Carolina Harbor's front gate would be nice. Maybe push it to the west and open up that pathway under Afterburn for future park expansion.

I had that on my list in my head before I typed up the list, but completely forgot to add it in my list because it got a little lengthy LOL.
By Cameron
The way I feel about it is now that we have the water park entrance I would honestly love to see south gate finally go. They could honestly open that area up and cut a pathway from Afterburn to Crosroads so the area is not a dead end.

Yeah, they could do that without removing the south gate but for a long time I've honestly wanted it gone. I honestly feel we don't need 3 entrances. I felt that way when we had two so imo 3 is kinda overkill for the size of the park.

Get rid of it. Place a flat ride there and a path connection the two sections.
By Cameron
Could even keep the south gate and do this but.....
Attachments
By RollerBee
Barbwire wrote:Don’t know where you have been but Gauntlet was dismantled, cut in half, and scrapped..

So can we count the Breakdance out now....running the Gauntlet?
By CCookieMonster
RollerBee wrote:So can we count the Breakdance out now....running the Gauntlet?

WOW! I completely forgot about the breakdance. That's included in my list of thrilling flats zi;d like to see, especially since it's on the park property.
By Cameron
It may not be. I just heard it was years ago. Like 5 years ago but I'm sure they could find another one no problem. The gauntlet that is.

I doubt breakdance is on property but you never know. I believe something happened and the breakdance was scrapped.
By uscbandfan
As for the South Gate, I would vote to leave it where it is. It already has a branch to the left that comes down into the Crossroads area. I think using that service road as a second path into Crossroads along the park perimeter would not be needed.

However, I still go back and say that the park needs a direct connection through the former White Water Falls area into Crossroads from the County Fair.