General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
What other family coasters would you say are better than Firechaser? Not saying you’re wrong, just curious. Verboten is the only other one I’ve ridden that I could see people ranking above it.
By coasterbruh
Well, Expedition Everest and Big Thunder Railroad Mountain for starters . . . Hell, for that matter Space Mountain. Oh, and Cheetah Hunt, to me, is better.
By FamousAmos
Thunder Mountain, yes.
But I had no idea that the others you listed were considered Family coasters.
By gabed
Yeah if we’re counting Everest as a family coaster than absolutely :lol:
By coasterbruh
A family coaster is one the entire family could enjoy together as far as height restrictions go. Everest has a 44 inch height min, Firechaser has a 39 inch height min, Cheetah Hunt has a 48 inch height min. Average height of a 7 year old, 46.6 - 49.5 inches. In conclusion, a family could enjoy those coasters which means they are all family coasters by design.
By cwgator
I would put Cobra's Curse, Big Bad Wolf (RIP), Revenge Of The Mummy & White Lightning (Fun Spot Orlando) as better than Firechaser Express (from what I've been on). I put Cheetah Hunt over those, but consider it being on the fence as a family coaster because of the inversion.
By tarheel1231
How would y’all feel about making Goldrusher and indoor coaster? I know it was considered by Paramount before they sold the park, so obviously it never came to fruition. But how would everyone feel about altering one of the park’s remaining opening day attractions?

Enclosing Goldrusher could open up the possibility of new thematic effects, new trains with a lower height requirement, and a brake system that would allow for greater capacity. We’d have another coaster to ride during Winterfest. However, all of this would make Goldrusher lose what made it such a classic attraction in the first place. So yay or nay on enclosing GR?
By RollerBee
No, just remove the seatbelts and put the water back under the second helix. At most enclose the first helix.
By chknwing
tarheel1231 wrote:How would y’all feel about making Goldrusher and indoor coaster? I know it was considered by Paramount before they sold the park, so obviously it never came to fruition. But how would everyone feel about altering one of the park’s remaining opening day attractions?

Enclosing Goldrusher could open up the possibility of new thematic effects, new trains with a lower height requirement, and a brake system that would allow for greater capacity. We’d have another coaster to ride during Winterfest. However, all of this would make Goldrusher lose what made it such a classic attraction in the first place. So yay or nay on enclosing GR?

I don't think its really feasible. You would need a structure twice as big as Harmony Hall. GR also passes very close/under parts of vortex. You may be able to enclose part of it but that would basically be a tunnel.
By gabed
Disaster Transport 2.0?!? :think:
By tarheel1231
chknwing wrote:You may be able to enclose part of it but that would basically be a tunnel.

That’s basically what I had in mind. Enclose most of the straight sections (including the section under Vortex) and just build show buildings around the helixes. Maybe some type of show building-esque structure on the lift hills, or some media-based effects like the shed on Mystic Timbers.
By Flarsen
One thing that I would like at the park that's not a coaster would be a Ferris Wheel. Especially one like the one at Disneyland with the swinging gondalas.
By gabed
+1 to the Ferris wheel idea, albeit without moving gondolas

Haven’t ridden a Ferris wheel I didn’t like.
By uscbandfan
I'm on board with that. I'd actually like a double Ferris wheel although they may be maintenance nightmares. I used to love to ride those back when they came to the fair. They've been all but extinct now for over a decade.

Let's bring them back... how about an oversized double Ferris wheel.