General Carowinds discussion
By montumax
I know you're tired of color talk CoasterBruh...but I was thinking about this...

I've just gotta ask this...there are a few people here that say the coaster won't be themed to the Wright Brothers/Kitty Hawk. That's well and good. But, they're saying it won't be themed because of the colors being black and green, which to some indicated Star Trek or Tomb Raider.

Just what do you think would be WB/KH colors? I could see black and green as being used. Do we really know the color of the plane, etc? I could see brown but that wouldn't be very exciting to use on a coaster. Most people on CBzz seemed receptive to the KH theme. Even though its a longshot, I'd welcome KG anyday over Star Trek or Tomb Raider.

As for the fact that its being named after a movie because its in Paramount Plaza, doesn't hold water to me. I mean does Top Gun fit into Carolina RFD? No. The Goldrusher into Carolina Boardwalk? That one's stretching it. It could still have a Carolina based theme and be in Paramount Plaza.

Just idle speculation...
By coasterbruh
This may sound bias (which i dont care anyway!!) but your cool man...........you know what your talking about. you just dont throw topics together and put them out. I fee this is a well thouight topic you explain your reason and it feasible............

i give you an "A" :P

as far as the color of that particular coaster.........i can see a componation of brown, tan and blue/gray........it what fasion and order beats me but those colors seem best fitting
By ghettopastries
It is not soley based on the fact that it is located in Paramount Plaza but the fact that the guy told me they were working with Paramount Pictures on a name.
By coasterbruh
So your saying its soley based on what some "guy" told you.................well there you have it we gotta believe it now!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok for the record (and you can quote me on this), " I DONT CARE THE THEME, COLOR, LOCATION, OR WHATEVER IM STILL GONNA RIDE IT!!!!"
By ghettopastries
Last season, if you noticed a lot of 'executive' personnel walking around the park, I asked one of them. Not just some "random guy". You can calm down, really. :D
By Wu-Tang
ghettopastries wrote: Last season, if you noticed a lot of 'executive' personnel walking around the park, I asked one of them. Not just some "random guy". You can calm down, really. :D

I agree he gets all worked up over nothing.
By Dukeis#1
ghettopastries wrote: It is not soley based on the fact that it is located in Paramount Plaza but the fact that the guy told me they were working with Paramount Pictures on a name.

That really didn't matter with Paramount in the early ninties, and it still does not today. Top Gun does not go with the early 1900's farming theming of Carolina RFD, Drop Zone did not go with the theme of Wayne's World, neither did the Skycoaster.

So, I really doubt there going to all of a sudden decide to play up the theming.

Besides, they could:

A.) Make a all new zone/area for the coaster. The new area will take up a lott of space, so they may just give it it's own theme.

B.) Combine it into Carolina RFD (Where the Wright Brothers theme would work, but not as well as in CB)

C.) Make it Paramount Plaza, which has no set theme, where it could be virtually anything.

Everybody is expecting a highly themed ride, but I would not be surprised if the ride had No theming. Stealth had none during it's PGA tenure, and Son of Beast at Kings Island has very little. The last hard core coaster-theming Paramount has done was on Volcano at Kings Dominion, which had much stronger theming than Top Gun: The Jet Coaster did when it opened.
By ghettopastries
It is like talking to a wall when you post here... The entrance is in Paramount Plaza. Plus, what makes you think Paramount isn't going to change? The Carolina theme is OK, but really, what is so interesting about the Carolinas? I don't find much to be interesting at all.
By CarowindsZone
Maybe the fact that we live in the carolinas?
By Jonathan
I think you hit something on the head that a lot of people don't realize. People question why the park strayed away from the Carolinas theme it had 30 years ago. The answer is rather simple. Pat Hall had big plans and big dreams for Carowinds. Carowinds was going to be a major tourist destination; the Disneyland of the South if you will, and there were lots of other things planned to go along with the amusement park. For out-of-state tourists, the Carolinas theme is probably very interesting and of course gimmicky; you know, like going to one of those Asian restaurants that really is no more Asian than your local Pizza Hut. Carowinds never did materialize into the tourist destination it was intended to be, the major resorts and attractions and the pro football stadium were not built in the area as originally intended, and Carowinds became more of a local attraction. That's what it is today: a primarily local-drawing attraction. People from the Carolinas would rather go to an amusement park with movie-themed rides, not Carolinas themed rides.
By CarowindsZone
I guess Jon is right. If only Carowinds hasn't been sold.
By Dukeis#1
I'm not saying anything about the Carolinas. I'm saying that there is NO reason for anyone to expect an extrodinarily themed ride, that fits with the area it is located with. While Paramount is on a higher plane above Six Flags, there is no reason to expect an amazing products from them.
By ghettopastries
But what makes you think that they aren't capable of doing it? They have had numerous amounts of survey's throughout the year, including a few that focused on movie themed shows, restaurants, and events. They even had a survey on giving their parks a movie themed 'facelift'. It is either that, or no theming at all. Everyone complains about the lack of theming, yet if they were to theme it to a movie, it would also cause complaining because it isn't after the 'Carolinas', or the park should be called 'Parawinds'. Granted these are all your opinions and I respect them, but have you ever been to Universal? I am sure some of you have - wouldn't you like something similiar to it, close to home? Now don't get me wrong in saying that they are going to spend $80 million on one attraction like Universal, but Paramount proved with Tomb Raider that a seasonal theme park can build a highly themed ride for about $15 million, and it would be nice to see more of that in their parks.
By Cephas
While Paramount is on a higher plane above Six Flags,

I would totally disagree with that, six flags is so much better. They have better rides, themeing, and food.
By CarowindsZone
I have no opinion on Six Flags, I have never been.