General Carowinds discussion
HUSS isn't the only manufacturer of a the frisbees. Yes MaXair and Delirium were built by HUSS however Black Window at Kennywood was built by Mondial. Also Zamperla, Intamin, and KMG manufactures them as well. I was just using the name MaXair because I know everyone can relate to the type of ride I was talking about. That type ride would flourish because it'll be the only one in the south with only 3 in the US currently all in the northeast. Everyone can't flock to KI, CP, or Kennywood to experience it. It's an awesome flat I'd say around 5 to 8 million is my estimate the higher with incredible theme. If I win the lotto I'm dropping one right in the park. lol
Last edited by pproteinc on October 30th, 2014, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To get things back on track a bit, maybe some of you guys visiting the park during this weekend can be on the lookout for any construction in other places around the park. I, for one, am really hoping we do get the slingshot in 2015.
If the park does get one, we probably won't see any construction for months. Cedar Point didn't even start construction on theirs until March I think.
Thanks for the correction Jay. I wasnt trying to start another wishlist just was commenting on others posts. As for the location of the possible slingshot, I could either see it in country fair section or in the corner across from cobra or even in the area of vortex. That's the Carolina showplace section right?
Last edited by pproteinc on November 1st, 2014, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea if this has to do with the possible slingshot ride or not, but beside the 7th ward building there are some yellow bird-cage type things that look similar to the supports on ripcord. Off topic: also, I saw that in the center of hurler they have cleared everything out except a few planet snoopy signs, one of which is the old Gr8 Sk8 sign. Carowinds hides all sorts of interesting things in there; a few months ago I saw a bunch of outer banks signs and decorations there!
shane235 wrote:I have no idea if this has to do with the possible slingshot ride or not, but beside the 7th ward building there are some yellow bird-cage type things that look similar to the supports on ripcord. Off topic: also, I saw that in the center of hurler they have cleared everything out except a few planet snoopy signs, one of which is the old Gr8 Sk8 sign. Carowinds hides all sorts of interesting things in there; a few months ago I saw a bunch of outer banks signs and decorations there!

That's the thing that takes riders from windseeker in case it gets stuck again.
shane235 wrote:I have no idea if this has to do with the possible slingshot ride or not, but beside the 7th ward building there are some yellow bird-cage type things that look similar to the supports on ripcord. Off topic: also, I saw that in the center of hurler they have cleared everything out except a few planet snoopy signs, one of which is the old Gr8 Sk8 sign. Carowinds hides all sorts of interesting things in there; a few months ago I saw a bunch of outer banks signs and decorations there!

Did they look a bit like this? (Cedar Point Slingshot support)

I am really intrigued that they are still hanging onto the Gr8Sk8 sign. Makes me wonder, although hesitantly.
I can't wait to find out what all these surprises are. Not expecting anything major but a few touches like what's been speculated would be really cool, imo.
He's talking about this-

They've been there for a few years now, and it's an evacuation "cage" for Windseeker to conform to government standards. Any park with a Windseeker has to have one of these. California didn't approve of this "cage" device, so Knotts' Windseeker was sent to Worlds of Fun.

Here's the one at Kings Dominion -

I hope this Sling Shot thing isn't true. We need less up-charge rides, not more. We need higher capacity flats, not lower capacity. I would gladly trade in Ripcord at it's current location, for the trees that were there last year. :?
Oops... Sorry for the false alarm. I do aggree that we need some more good flats that don't cost extra or have low capacity. I want one of these:
From Screamscape: Park News - (11/4/14) A reader reports spotting survey markings at Carowinds in the area running from the Scrambler over to Vortex. This would make sense as the open area near Vortex could be used to put in that rumored to Sling Shot upcharge ride in 2015.