General Carowinds discussion
Well looks like the CP of the south theory is still in motion. We both have sky coasters and now slingshots, what's next the propellor contraption? I'll definitely ride that it's a fav up charge ride of mine!! No doubt that it will bring in more money. I do see myself hopping on the slingshot a few times next season, I'm sure it's the new style open seat version like CP's. Is this something to anticipate in June or opening day??
By gabed
I'm no expert, but if I had to guess I'd say we won't see it open until June. I'm sure with Fury and the new entrance currently in motion, the slingshot is their last priority at the moment.
By Rosko97
tylerSC wrote:Will this Sling Shot ride be similar to Myrtle Beach or is the one at Cedar Point different? Which video should I look for to get a better idea?

Look at Cedar Point's on YouTube, it's probably going to be identical to that.
By redrunner97
Anyone have a good guess as to what the price will be?

And, while I'm here, is it too much to ask for Ripcord to get some TLC this off-season? :shifty:
Its rusty and stands out too much (not in a good way) from all the new nice-looking stuff like Harmony Hall and the Ripcord shop. We know the Slingshot will be colorful, it would be nice to see the same with Ripcord next season as well.
By pproteinc
^^^ Most likely $25 per person and $19.99 for the video. I agree with you on Ripcord it needs a good rust treatment and repaint and maybe a LED light package. We'll have our very own St. Louis Arch lol
By gabed
Well that pretty much confirms that a slingshot is on the way. I'm actually really happy about this addition and I'm sure that it will be a hit among the general public. Since I've never ridden a slingshot before I'll definitely give it a try!