General Carowinds discussion
By pproteinc
Are those LED lights on the side of the seat?....EPIC!!! I'm ready to ride SlingShot as well. I rode the one at CP and loved every bit of it. I don't care to much for the RipCord rides but sling shots are a yes for me.
By redrunner97
A webcam would be cool. It could also drum up some publicity since people will be going to the cam anyway for the coaster.

If the Rougarou thing ever does happen, the cam could come in hand in a season or two as well, since it will be aimed in the same general direction lol. :lol:
By pproteinc
Am I to believe that sling shot will open mid season (June/July) like CP's did or are we expecting a opening day readiness? All we need now is a booster/turbo force ride and I'll be a happy camper concerning upcharge rides.
By coasteraddict
Very glad to see this go up, and it appears to be relatively close to Fury 325! I'm curious if they will face it towards the new giga or not! I've been on the one at Cedar Point this past July and on one in Orlando back in 2007ish, and they were fun! Fingers crossed for both attractions to be ready for opening day!
By FamousAmos
I was reading what was posted yesterday about the announcement for this new ride and it said it would be a "late addition to the park". I am wondering if it will open later on in the season?
By thunderroad528
redrunner97 wrote:A webcam would be cool. It could also drum up some publicity since people will be going to the cam anyway for the coaster.

If the Rougarou thing ever does happen, the cam could come in hand in a season or two as well, since it will be aimed in the same general direction lol. :lol:

I don't really think it's Webcam worthy. Its essentially two tall box supports and thats it. Also if Vortex got the Rougarou treatment it wouldn't be very worthwhile because the only noticeable thing would be the assumed paint job that comes along with it.
Last edited by thunderroad528 on December 11th, 2014, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jarsh
I noticed that one as well... :-/
By arby
I've never done one before although I've seen numerous ones. Now that we'll have one at Carowinds, maybe.

I've had no desire to watch any of the videos for some reason.
Last edited by arby on December 11th, 2014, 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.