General Carowinds discussion
By Glitch99
mdsmith98 wrote:
sv18 wrote:Would you rather see a Vortex conversion, or an Antique Autos addition in Vortex's plot of land?

Neither would interest me, to be honest. But if I had to choose, antique autos all day long.

Does anyone serious believe they would remove a roller coaster in favor of some put-put cars?

If they do add cars, they're be integrated into the existing landscape somewhere. They arent going to dedicate prime real estate to them.
By mdsmith98
Glitch99 wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:
sv18 wrote:Would you rather see a Vortex conversion, or an Antique Autos addition in Vortex's plot of land?

Neither would interest me, to be honest. But if I had to choose, antique autos all day long.

Does anyone serious believe they would remove a roller coaster in favor of some put-put cars?

If they do add cars, they're be integrated into the existing landscape somewhere. They arent going to dedicate prime real estate to them.

Crazier things have happened.

I never said they would (or that I think they would), the poster asked what we would rather see. Vortex is awful, and a floorless conversion isn’t going to save it. Converting mantis to Rougarou didn’t save that ride. The ride still sucks.
By RollerBee

Antique Autos!
By tarheel1231

I didn't know they were physically expanding the building. Can't wait to see some concept art later in the season!
By uscbandfan
By then it will be light pink and DEFINITELY wont be "intimidating." It needed it last year.

I guess they're wanting to be true to Dale Earnhardt Sr's FIRST race car.
b106ba987feb2b52271b53c051c19bf2.jpg
b106ba987feb2b52271b53c051c19bf2.jpg (33.07 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
By Grobble
uscbandfan wrote:By then it will be light pink and DEFINITELY wont be "intimidating." It needed it last year.

I guess they're wanting to be true to Dale Earnhardt Sr's FIRST race car.
b106ba987feb2b52271b53c051c19bf2.jpg

I think it will be 2021, that will be Carowinds off year like 2017, after 2 big year in 2015 and 2016. 2019 is a big year, 2020 I think they build out Blue Ridge Junction w/ a flat,etc.. The park lacks a pendulum which is a staple at elite marks, which is the goal of CF for Carowinds.
By cwgator
I think the most recent "off year" would have to be 2011. Even then they spent millions on Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular and general park improvements (Vortex repaint, Ricochet touchups, pavers, TR & Hurler rehab, etc). Every year since then have seen actual ride and/or expansion additions. I suppose 2013/Dinosaurs Alive might qualify to an extent since it's an upcharge.
By jeffdavis
What do you all think about a light gray color for Intimidator's track similar to the color of aged asphalt? That color might not show fading like the shade of red used.

And I'm ok with that coaster having faded paint for a few years while money gets spent elsewhere improving the park. I can't imagine a repaint of a coaster that long being cheap. Any estimates?