General Carowinds discussion
By Snowman
Snowqueen and I got our season long fast passes before the park opened. They were made available the weekend before opening for only 3 days. There was no payment plan offered. They are sooo worth it! It is weird they're offering them again.
By Glitch99
The fastpass itself didnt have a payment plan, but season passes they're linked to may have? Otherwise it wreaks of an unplanned revenue grab to make up for a shortfall - not a positive sign. I guess it's also possible that they intentionally held back some of the annual allotment, to give them something "new" to hype for the start of summer.
By coasterbruh
Orrrrrrrrrr . . . they didn't sell many and are doing it again with payment options to entice people into getting them? I never buy into the "limited qty" jargon. To me, it's a sales pitch.
By Edwardo
The park has absolute control of how many they want to sell. There’s no “shortfall” to it. They know exactly how many people are buying and even using them daily. As long as they can sell more at that price, and doesn’t impact capacity, they can release limited quantities as many times as they want.

It’s definitely marketing and not because they didn’t sell enough, had some negative shortfall, or whatever.
By Glitch99
Of course they control how many they want to sell. But they presumably set that number long ago. So either they held back some to sell now, or they've now decided to increase that number in reaction to *something*.
By pproteinc
Great day at Carowinds all day. Waterpark was fun they closed at 1 tho, we arrived at 10. Of course everything was a walk on or person or 4 wait . We definitely enjoyed this rainy rollercoaster day. From the waterpark we ate then moved onto the “dry” park which was actually a little busier than expected. So great to see the toddlers, kids, teens and even parents running around happy in the rain. Perfect childhood memories. Hardly anybody had umbrellas. There was not a care in the world whether we were wet or not. Vortex, Hurler and Nighthawk runs lovely in the rain lol. Copperhead, Afterburn, Fury, and Timmy all ran as if the train was going the completely fly off the tracks. I loved it. All the rides were open including Windseeker, it was freezing up there. Started to fizzle out as it started getting cold from the wind blowing and they decided to close at 6pm. I’m in the minority but I actually enjoy going to theme parks in the rain. Is it just me?
By Hiveminded
I probably would have gone last night if they didnt close at 6. Ive yet to have any CS rain rides and Fury has been limited to a light mist for me. Even that was insane in the front row and was the hardest I've laughed in a while due to the sheer ridiculousness of it.
By mdsmith98
I prefer going after the rain. That way the park is not crowded at all, and you don’t get pelted in the face with rain.

On Monday night for example, I got to the park at 6:30ish after all the rain and rode Copperhead Strike 20x (14x without getting off), Fury 6x, Intimidator once, Afterburn 2x, and Mountain Gliders about 8x.
By jeffdavis
What's the best way to find out about these early closures for "weather" (empty park)? I don't mind the park in the rain but I do mind the 1 hour and 20 minute drive one way to find out the park is closing early or already closed. I know we can't really predict these early closures and they're not necessarily scheduled, but knowing as soon as the announcement is made would be helpful. Do you all refer to the website, Facebook page, or twitter?
By Chris
jeffdavis wrote:What's the best way to find out about these early closures for "weather" (empty park)? I don't mind the park in the rain but I do mind the 1 hour and 20 minute drive one way to find out the park is closing early or already closed. I know we can't really predict these early closures and they're not necessarily scheduled, but knowing as soon as the announcement is made would be helpful. Do you all refer to the website, Facebook page, or twitter?

I've downloaded the Carowinds app and I get notifications on my phone when they are closing early.
By uscbandfan
Coasters in the rain are pretty fun. Raindrops on your face on Copperhead at 40mph is not too bad. Raindrops on your face on Intimidator at 75mph is a bit stinging. Raindrops on your face on Fury at 95mph is slightly painful... especially if one gets you in the eye. ouch.
By pproteinc
^ If you’re talking about last week Wednesday or Thursday then yes they did not send notifications out. The app still said 10pm and the parking booth. No FB Twitter or IG postings either. There were quite a few people losses off at the gates as I was walking out. I would too. It wasn’t even raining anymore and the sky was clearing.