General Carowinds discussion
By Glitch99
jeffdavis wrote:I feel like in this age of social media Carowinds could announce Winterfest less than a week before it opens and still draw a capacity crowd.

I have no doubt they could do that, especially after not being open for nearly a full year. But they couldnt hire and train and schedule the required staff with less than a week's notice. I cant see them requiring a NDA prior to interviewing and hiring 16 year old fry cooks - there should be unofficial details, regardless of an official announcement. If they do manage to keep it quiet until the last minute, props to them.

That said, the full time staff must be running out of busywork to do, so they may be prepping what they can, in the hopes that a decision will be forthcoming. Accepting applications doesnt cost them anything.
By jeffdavis
Does anyone have any insight on how many full-time staff the park has and what they have been doing during the pandemic? Maybe working outside of their usual scope to carry out maintenance, beautification, deep cleaning, organization tasks?
By pproteinc
Roller charge it to my stagnant mind. I swore I read how many full time NEW HIRES do they have. Smh.

ION: Carowinds is hiring security for the “limited operating season” of November and December 2020.

We need one last gathering people!!
By FezzyGamer
I inquired about getting my rides job back and was told all the slots were full already. Shame, but at least I’ll get to go to the park this year and maybe have a CC meetup
By carolinaman
pproteinc wrote:Roller charge it to my stagnant mind. I swore I read how many full time NEW HIRES do they have. Smh.

ION: Carowinds is hiring security for the “limited operating season” of November and December 2020.

We need one last gathering people!!

One more gathering would be an awesome idea!!!! :clap: