General Carowinds discussion
By CheeseCurd626
bgwfreak wrote: It's like Deja Vu or something.

^^ I'd be grateful we get something. Many parks out there get NOTHING. Go check out Michigan's Adventure and see when was the last time they got something. :lol:

I'd rather see rides reused than thrown in the trash.

Frenzoid ;)
By swampfox43
bgwfreak wrote: Go check out Michigan's Adventure and see when was the last time they got something.

I was at Michigan's Adventure the year Shivering Timbers opened (1998). Since then they have gotten a Wild Mouse, A Rapids ride, the Timber Town Railway and a Chutes not to mention a major water park expansion.

I'm thinking what you meant was that they haven't got a major coaster since Timbers but they've definately had other major attractions since then.
By MarkD
TeknoScorpion wrote: Paramount made plans and from what I've learned finalized them just before the purchase. CFLP says they're going by Paramount Park's plans for 2007. So, as I said, unless something drastic has changed, and I haven't heard otherwise, Carowinds will get something next year.

Well, we now know about how plans change. Finalized or not.

So, let's kick back and ramp up for C3.
By bgwfreak
Well I think the speculation can quit for a while. I ran into Scott in the park yesterday and he said they don't know what they are getting next year.

It hasn't even been decided yet, so sorry. No hyper by Thunder Road.

BTW the "construction" over there is complete. :lol:
By Footballteen58
im losing interest in Carowinds maybe next year well get WWL from CP haha.
By coasterdave
I did not know that Rollernut had a brother folks? Doudt we could stand two nuts at one time.
By bgwfreak
^^ If you're losing interest in Carowinds, why not go find another board to post on then.
By carowindsman6654
Footballteen58 wrote: im losing interest in Carowinds maybe next year well get WWL from CP haha.

I agree. When are they going to get a ride nobody else has?
By bgwfreak
Borg is the only ride of it's kind. It's the only Vekoma flyer that has corkscrews.

Thunder Road is the only coaster to go across two state lines.

Carolina Cyclone was the first coaster to debut with 4 inversions.

Vortex was one of the first B&M standups ever and there aren't that many standups out there.

White Lightnin' was 1 of 2 coasters that were the only ones in the world when it debuted.

Top Gun is a custom layout B&M invert. Not a clone.

Ok and I also need to make a point, how are we going to get something NO ONE else has??

Is B&M going to build a coaster only Carowinds can have? Not going to happen.

If you guys dislike the park so much go to Cedar Point already and leave us alone.
By Footballteen58
I dont dislike the park i just dislike the decisons CBS made for them.
By Jonathan
Borg is the only ride of it's kind. It's the only Vekoma flyer that has corkscrews.

Thunder Road is the only coaster to go across two state lines.

Carolina Cyclone was the first coaster to debut with 4 inversions.

Vortex was one of the first B&M standups ever and there aren't that many standups out there.

White Lightnin' was 1 of 2 coasters that were the only ones in the world when it debuted.

Top Gun is a custom layout B&M invert. Not a clone.

All true, but I'm not really sure how relevant some of those are now, or if some of them were ever truly relevant. Carowinds has been home to a prototype ride fairly recently, though. To my knowledge nothing even remotely similar to the Super Saturator had ever been attempted before when SetPoint installed it.
By Chris
Carowinds has been home to a prototype ride fairly recently, though. To my knowledge nothing even remotely similar to the Super Saturator had ever been attempted before when SetPoint installed it.

That is correct. it was the first. Also, I believe there are only two of them ever. The one at Carowinds and one in Greensboro, NC at Emerald Point. To think... NC has two of these things while NO ONE else has one (I believe... maybe 1 other one somewhere).
By Jonathan
The one at Emerald Pointe isn't actually operating anymore. It was also built by Caripro (basically a ripoff of the SetPoint one). HersheyPark has a SetPoint one that is a bit bigger than the Super Saturator.

By bgwfreak
Hershey has one of those and it is Setpoint.

The one that was at Emerald Point was another manufacturer (Caripro). The track was different from Saturators. The lift was a vertical lift as well.

ALWAYS HELPS TO READ THE POST ABOVE. :rolleyes:

So basically there's only 2 of those Setpoint coasters in the world. One is at Carowinds and the other at Hershey.

The little coaster at IOA was finished by Setpoint. But the track is Caripro. Caripro stopped half way through working on it, so Setpoint finished it for the park. But that coaster doesnt' get you wet.

Strange how both manufacturers went under.

As a sidenote, it's weird how uncomfortable the ride was on the Caripro at PKI (Scooby Doo) while the Hydra Fighter II wasn't that bad.