General Carowinds discussion
By bgwfreak
I guess they are waiting so they can have a dramatic comeback. :lol:
By dukefanswimmer89
i still can't believe that carowinds spent 4,000,000 dollars on FSS when the Voyage cost 6.5 million......
By CarouselOp
Hey Retard, don't you realize that the actual ride part costed 2 million and the water effects costed another 2 million. Factor in that and the fact Voyage is a wooden coaster with a steel structure....do the math.
By Footballteen58
I hope they all announce soon especially since CP is on the 7th. I hope next year is a thrill flat. Its gonna be rushed i know it is since their plans for the FOF outdoor version have been cancelled unless they can contact premier for a clone.
By coasterdave
Talk about run on sentences, but I am glad the education system is working great for you. Maybe you could go to college at University of North Carolina at Pembroke. They let anyone in it seems.
By Jonathan
Hey Retard, don't you realize that the actual ride part costed 2 million and the water effects costed another 2 million. Factor in that and the fact Voyage is a wooden coaster with a steel structure....do the math.

What a wonderful way to start your time here. If you start off another post with name calling like that, you'll be out the door pretty fast. You do the math.

Also, I don't think how the money was divided up has any relevance to dukefan's post. The simple fact is $4 million was invested on the Super Saturator (and god knows how much in maintanence since then), and $6.5 million on the #2 ranked wooden coaster in the world (and god knows how much maintanence in the future). Not that I have any expectation of a new wooden coaster ever being built at Carowinds, but I will certainly have much higher hopes for Cedar Fair if this Valleyfair GCI rumor turns out to be true.
By CarouselOp
coasterdave wrote: Talk about run on sentences, but I am glad the education system is working great for you. Maybe you could go to college at University of North Carolina at Pembroke. They let anyone in it seems.

Huh, what are you talking about? I don't go to UNCP and never have.
By coasterdave
Maybe I need to clarify this for you Powder Puff, but was that statement referring to you in any way? Did I even refer to you by name Fancy Pants that I was referring to you? Maybe it was you that thought you where the one I was referring to in my post, but hate to tell bust your bubble sunshine. I was not referring to you in any shape or way.

But since you want me to address you than I will not disappoint you. I was thinking that someone else would and have already address your rather innate attempt at your first post on the board. I think Jon was abit nicer than I would have been, but you get the point. It is refreshing to see that you have improved greatly with your tact in your second post.

Let me be one of the first to welcome you Sunshine to the boards. I hope you have a long stay, but I feel that your temper will get the best of you tough guy.
By Edwardo
Johnathan, Unless something catastrophic happens, and I'm not saying any names of companies, the Valleyfair coaster is indeed more than just a rumor. I know, I know, it's just my word. But I'd bank my life savings on it if I were a betting man.

And don't expect Dorney park to go too long without a new wooden coaster either, for that matter.
By bgwfreak
Jonathan wrote: What a wonderful way to start your time here.

Sounds like we're in prison. :lol:

Some days it feels like that.
By Footballteen58
^hahahahaha

Well I think next years addition(if there is one) will be nothing major the closest we could get is a flat(which Carowinds desperately needs). If they do get a flat I hope its an amazing one from HUSS(Floorless Top Spin or Giant Frissbee please!) Or they could do something to the waterpark like a proslide tornado.
By coasterdave
Do I need to make a comment on who I was refering that post to. I think I do not.
By chargercrazy
I like that .gif
By bgwfreak
JamminJ wrote: Ugh can we close this thread yet till some real construction starts?

Agreed.