General Carowinds discussion
By Edwardo
As much as I'd love to see something from Huss, they're restructuring from recent bankruptcy problems (they just spinned off another company to protect their products), so that isn't likely :-(.

Although there are some great flats from KMG, Mondial, and even Zamperla I wouldn't mind seeing. Carowinds needs some major flats badly. Thats the last thing that they're really lacking, IMO, as they have plenty of family and kiddie flats.
By bgwfreak
LMAO I luvs the new title of dis here thread.
By Edwardo
If the concept artwork on screamscape for CP's new coaster is true, I want one of those at PCar! And a woody, please.
By bgwfreak
And free money to be given out as we enter the front gate.
By Footballteen58
^Im with him! I just wish they would announce all there plans for the park soon like remodeling cause of the whole CF stuff. Where could they put a frissbee at in Carowinds? I GOT AN IDEA! Lets take a wrecking ball to HURLER!
By Cephas
^The hurler is actually fun. Tear down thunder road anyday.
By Footballteen58
Thunder Road>Hurler. Hurler is unbearable. The ride is just so painful and a GCI Woodie could go there. Thunder Road is a classic and the park wouldnt be the same at all without it. Hurler we can do for a long long long time without.
By KenB
Sheesh. Don't tear down ANYTHING. There's plenty of land to build stuff there now.

Thunder Road is fun, but it's pretty rough in the back of the forwards side this year. It's not very thrilling, but not every ride has to be.

Hurler is more fun, with plenty of good airtime if you *ride in the proper seats*. It's also smooth up front for most of the ride. It's my 2nd-favorite coaster in the park to Top Gun. Since when do all coasters, especially woodies, have to be glass smooth?

If you find a ride unrideable, try this: don't ride it. Simple, no?

KenB
By Footballteen58
I never said it had to be smooth. Just not so unbelieveably rough its unbearable. Seriously youd rather have Hurler than a GCI Woodie? Thats crazy talk
By chargercrazy
swampfox43 wrote:
Cephas wrote: Tear down thunder road anyday.

SOMEONE RESTRAIN ME PLEASE!!!

I'm with you Swampy!
By Footballteen58
Im with all of them Thunder Road is a classic and should never be torn down.
By Jonathan
The ride is just so painful and a GCI Woodie could go there

Yes let's tear down a wooden coaster and build a wooden coaster of similar size in the exact same spot. I'm sure the general public would be ecstatic!
By montumax
Maybe they'll tear down SOB was use all that wood for coasters at the other parks. I mean there's at least 3 coasters worth of wood in that thing!
By dukefanswimmer89
hurler is amazing in the front two cars. it's the best airtime you can get at carowinds, especially after a warm summer day.

It is a much more thrilling and much better ride then Thunder Road, which is also terribly rough if you go backwards or on the back half of Forwards.

Neither should be torn down - there is a ton of room still available for expansion and we should be able to fit 2-3 more coasters before we have to think of tearing down any...