General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
Is Samurai at Lagoon the only operating top scan in the country? If that's true, this an extremely unique ride as far as permanent amusement parks go.
By pproteinc
^ I dont think so I know the Coastal Carolina Fair in Charleston SC have one, matter a fact the mostly in the carnival line up vs permanent amusement park ride.

This is very exciting find; I step closer to my dream of having a screaming swing and giant frisbee. :D
By arby
[offtopic]There is no easy answer to the question about satellite images because there are many factors involved. One of the biggest, though, is that while photos measure light that is visible to the naked eye for the most part, satellites measure a much broader spectrum including wavelengths that the naked eye can see. Additionally, since they orbit at around 200 miles above the surface, sometimes atmospheric conditions can block some of the wavelengths. There are other factors involved, and if you're bored you can read all about it here.[/offtopic]
By redrunner97
Really exciting. Hopefully this is just the first step towards transforming Carowinds' flat ride selection. I'll definitely be getting my rides in next Season. :D
By tarheel1231
^Pretty much.

coasterbruh wrote:
chknwing wrote:So they stated that phase 1 was fury 325, phase 2 is this water park expansion. both big investments. What could phase 3 possibly be? hotel? revamped county fair?

Flats! Flats all over the park!

Phase 3 came a lot faster than I thought it would.
By FamousAmos
Think again Tarheel. This was just something extra for 2016. Let's not jump the gun just yet.
By redrunner97
pproteinc wrote:Hopefully they slap a nice light package on it like its carnival cousins... :thumbup:

I'm hoping for the same thing. There's a lot of cool things that could be done with a ride like this, aesthetically. Also, I'll go out of a limb and guess it'll be placed where the entrance to Thunder Road was.

Since the park has done a great job of bringing back names from the past, like Harmony Hall and Blackbeard's Revenge, please oh please let this be called Witchdoctor (or Black Widow, but I'm still hoping that's what our Vortex'd Rougarou becomes)! 8)
By RollerBee
Hmm, Black Widow makes me think black, orange and red. It could bring some cool theme options too.
By FamousAmos

By tarheel1231
What are you pointing out? :? The area doesn't look completely fenced off and there is a maintenance road between it and Carolina Harbor.
By FamousAmos
The queue will be where Thunder Road's queue was. There's plenty of room for this attraction in that spot.