General Carowinds discussion
By CoasterDad
I would hate to see anything torn down, even Hurler! I'm no fan of Hurler, at 44 years old, but my kids enjoy it. It would seem that if there were any new BIG rides, be they coasters or a Huss, coming to our park next year, we would be getting some wiff of it by now. If they(Paramount) planned to move FOF to our park and now it is back operating at KD, then probably we will NOT see anything much for 2007.

I must admit that I have been restling with whether or not to buy season passes again next year, but if the Maxx Pass becomes available for us, similar in price to the Maxx offered at KD, we will probably bite and then plan toward visiting some of the other CF parks. If the Maxx Pass was at the price of KI, we would probably not bite. There just wouldn't be enough of a reason to just visit our park, not with nothing new, not after 14 visits in two years!
By Carowinds2005
Looks like Carowinds may have another good year. Lets hope some of that revenue from this year will be put into 2007 (which I dont think will happen ;) ) !

Cedar Fair, L.P. FUN, today reported that combined attendance at its parks through the Labor Day weekend decreased 1% to 10.4 million guests from 10.5 million a year ago on a same park basis. Over the same period, average in-park guest per capita spending and out-of-park revenues remained essentially unchanged. Including results from the Paramount Parks since their acquisition, combined attendance through the Labor Day weekend totaled 15.8 million visits, average in-park guest per capita spending totaled $38.39, and out-of-park revenues were $79.0 million. During the month of August, on a same park basis, the southern parks continued to perform nicely, while attendance in the northern and western regions remained relatively unchanged.

<a href='http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.asp?feed=PR&Date=20060908&ID=6006575' target='_blank'>http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/...0908&ID=6006575</a>
By Bk1870
Great news!
By coasterbruh
for who? the stockholders?
By Edwardo
Good news for Stockholders = good news for us when they start turning that profit in to coasters.