General Carowinds discussion
mdsmith98 wrote:This is only my second post on these forums, but I was able to make it out to the park today, and got some pictures from sky tower. I did not get any ground pictures. It is still a field of dirt though, no footers have been poured from what I could see. 9A2CD108-CAA3-444A-B68A-6738ADB85E2D.jpegB3BF624B-AEEC-4D52-9E93-4304CB166BBC.jpeg
2309EA9A-7A61-4577-9F13-1B6DCFD9A5CC.jpeg

Also, if anybody had any doubts about the manufacturer, this pretty much settles that (not sure if this has been posted already)
9BE30233-D4A5-48D8-9FFF-347C9BC9E3D8.jpeg

Thank you for the pictures, and now that a crane is on site, construction should pick up. Can I put the box confirming the manufacturer in the Links and Information thread?
tarheel1231 wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:This is only my second post on these forums, but I was able to make it out to the park today, and got some pictures from sky tower. I did not get any ground pictures. It is still a field of dirt though, no footers have been poured from what I could see. 9A2CD108-CAA3-444A-B68A-6738ADB85E2D.jpegB3BF624B-AEEC-4D52-9E93-4304CB166BBC.jpeg
2309EA9A-7A61-4577-9F13-1B6DCFD9A5CC.jpeg

Also, if anybody had any doubts about the manufacturer, this pretty much settles that (not sure if this has been posted already)
9BE30233-D4A5-48D8-9FFF-347C9BC9E3D8.jpeg

Thank you for the pictures, and now that a crane is on site, construction should pick up. Can I put the box confirming the manufacturer in the Links and Information thread?

Of course! Not a problem.
Christopher Mallis wrote:Sorry tonbreak it to you guys but the webcam isn’t just temporarily down it’s gone forever the park purposely didn’t have it on their website so obviously they didn’t want it pointing there.

So how else did the webcam point in that direction? It's been pointing at Fury since it started going vertical, then it switched to PA once construction really started happening. It's not like it magically switched there. Also they took it off the website to not make PA too obvious and keep it more of a secret.
I too am inclined to agree that the webcam was taken down on purpose, my guess is similar to what was said about all the extra traffic is making their bill skyrocket. I am sure they will bring it back up when they start teasing, but for sure when they announce it. Maybe the park doesn’t see keeping it up when it is really just enthusiasts using it by accessing its URL directly.

Who knows, maybe it returns in a few weeks. I really have no idea. I just don’t think it’s gone forever. I think it will return when the time is right.
The crane is right near the Carolina Habor restrooms (the ones that are blocked off now because of the construction). You can see it in the first two pictures. When I pulled up to the park today, I saw the crane, and instantly got excited :lol:
Just saw it as I was looking at the pictures again :lol: Right it front of my face :crazy: I guess that will be used to lift those cages into the holes for footers, a sure sign that they will start digging some footers very soon! Hopefully next week!
I know at first I wanted an Intamin, but really I just wanted something other than B&M for a while. I know Carowinds will exceed our expectations by a huge amount as they did with Fury, Carolina Harbor, and did County Fair better than we could even imagine. I know Mack will provide a great coaster and maybe the 2nd or 3rd best in the park when it opens. Hey, what if it's the longest launch coaster in the world...another record-breaker. What if it's the fastest Mack ever built- another source of advertising it for a record. At this point I know I'm just rambling on, but we really should take a step back and think of the possibilities of an in park coaster and how it can play with the walk way and everything. I'm just excited and I'm not even gonna get to the park until June or July. Okay I'm done now lol.
How exciting and it’s great to see the confirmation from the pictures. As Someone else stated it would be great if it was the fastest and longest and i’m going to add the highest Mack Coaster. So excited to see how all of this is revealed.
Longest launch coaster in the world is probably unattainable when Formula Rossa is over 6500 feet (that’s almost as long as Fury). Eyeballing the layout, I don’t expect it to be much longer than 3000 feet which would still make it the third longest coaster in the park.

Only way I see this breaking any world records is if it’s a spinning coaster.