General Carowinds discussion
If its over 62.1mph it would be the fastest mack launch.... not sure that they would advertise that though... I dont see it being much faster than that speed, if at all though. I think the tophat/over bank element would be around 125-150ft tall if the layout holds true. Not sure what the tallest is on a Mack launch. I am sure there will be some kind of record broken in some fashion.
You know i remember when we didnt have the luxury of seeing all of the updates in the park when new construction started. Im kind of glad we dont have a webcam right now. Watching them move dirt and maybe place a footer isnt as exciting as you would want it to be. I remember when Borg came we didnt see much of anything just the occasional picture from the skytower looking down. That brought a lot of excitement because they did not show us what was going on.

As far as Mack Launch Coaster I am excited for this would I want something else like a RMC of course but this will continue to put Carowinds as a destination park.
When borg came, I remember wallking around the track, it was sitting in the grassy area in the parking lot, where the drop off that isnt used is.... They had the track primed and it was being painted by hand. I remember a painter out there sitting and painting :lol: I dont know why it was done this way, but it was.... Might have to see if I can find pictures, I think back then I didnt have a digital camera though, or if I did it wasn't a good one haha.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:If its over 62.1mph it would be the fastest mack launch.... not sure that they would advertise that though... I dont see it being much faster than that speed, if at all though. I think the tophat/over bank element would be around 125-150ft tall if the layout holds true. Not sure what the tallest is on a Mack launch. I am sure there will be some kind of record broken in some fashion.

They can always skip world records and advertise it as a regional record. It’d be the Carolinas’ first launch coaster. Outside of that, even other regional records seem unattainable. If this isn’t a spinning coaster, I don’t see it breaking any significant records.
YouTuber Amusement Insider made a prediction layout based off of the blueprints:

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C69Y_kjc3g8[/youtube]

The validity of the blueprints is still up for debate but I think the color scheme is probably on point. Reddish-Copper with the rumored name and the recent paint choices of other CF coasters, and sand-colored supports with it being near the water park.
First time poster, long time stalker... er... viewer speculation question...
Mack designed a new car type for Timetraveler to go with the theme (its spin represents the “winding watch” effect in time travel)... if this is to be copperhead strike, what would a brand new car type look like that spun/moved/changed that goes with the theme?
Fury has a sound and track to fit a hornet flight
Intemidator has a open car/race track/race wreck feel
Copperhead strike?
Last edited by Rabidfrog on May 26th, 2018, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cedar Fair tends to place record breaking attractions at Cedar Point. Since they have anointed Carowinds as being the Cedar Point of the south, their coaster installations here have been record breaking. Not regional, not US, but international record breakers. So I'm really interest to see what they have in mind for us next.

I'm also wondering if the reason construction started so early is because part of the coaster will extend beyond the walled area into the park where it will interact with other things already in place? Perhaps this phase will be done much later after daily operations end. One thing for sure, that leaked layout don't fit within the fenced area.
Rabidfrog wrote:First time poster, long time stalker... er... viewer speculation question...
Mack designed a new car type for Timetraveler to go with the theme (its spin represents the “winding watch” effect in time travel)... if this is to be copperhead strike, what would a brand new car type look like that spun/moved/changed that goes with the theme?

I really don't see how a snake theme and a spinning car could work.
Capler wrote:
Rabidfrog wrote:First time poster, long time stalker... er... viewer speculation question...

I really don't see how a snake theme and a spinning car could work.

What about if the cars expand/contract (which would be snakey) or some other craziness?