General Carowinds discussion
Edwardo wrote:Carowinds has only one ‘record’, and even that isn’t a real record. When you have to put stuff after the superlatives it’s not really a record.

Fury is the tallest and fastest non-launched roller coaster in the world, and the longest in the US. I’d call those records.
Those are marketing superlatives.

There’s only one tallest and one fastest coaster in the world. Otherwise you’re just putting superlatives in for marketing purposes.
Then there is the issue of what constitutes a coaster. Has a board of experts created a set of standards? Until then, you can call yourself whatever you like and the world has to accept it. IMO, Dragster is not a coaster, it's a flat ride on steroids.
claxicorn wrote:That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. It IS the tallest and it IS the fastest giga coaster out there. Those are records.

Again, once you start breaking it down...

Nighthawk is the tallest Vekoma Flyer...
Cedar Point has many est coasters...

Those don’t really count for anything. There is no official governing body that determines what a hyper, Giga, etc coaster is. The term hypercoaster was coined by ACE. Those ‘records’ aren’t any official anything.
fishels wrote:
Edwardo wrote:And Duane only posts when he basically already knows and it’s somehow publicly confirmed or leaked.

Duane? What page did he post on?

Sry never heard of him.

Duane runs RCDB.
Edwardo wrote:
claxicorn wrote:That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. It IS the tallest and it IS the fastest giga coaster out there. Those are records.

Again, once you start breaking it down...

Nighthawk is the tallest Vekoma Flyer...
Cedar Point has many est coasters...

Those don’t really count for anything. There is no official governing body that determines what a hyper, Giga, etc coaster is. The term hypercoaster was coined by ACE. Those ‘records’ aren’t any official anything.

Oh, got it. Sorry about the confusion
So Ive been working on V3 of the layout for a while now making sure I catch all the little details, first off it seems like this is on a smaller scale than I originally thought, around the 100' mark, and 55mph launches. Ive gotten the shaping to match the heartline and supports for most of the ride, but I can only seem to get the heartline to match up on the top hat if it is an inverted top hat. Thoughts?

They have done one before so its not out of the realm of possibility. In fact Mack has never really done a regular style top hat where you turn 90 degrees going up and down. Its just that the supports shown look a little weak for one.