General Carowinds discussion
There was a big yellow piece of equipment too, looked like some type of drilling machine. The concrete pipes were over near the crane so im guessing they will be putting all of that in and digging footers this week. Hope to get back Tues or Wed to check things out!
Attachments
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:There was a big yellow piece of equipment too, looked like some type of drilling machine. The concrete pipes were over near the crane so im guessing they will be putting all of that in and digging footers this week. Hope to get back Tues or Wed to check things out!

Yea, I saw that when I was there friday. I was going to go tomorrow, but being memorial day I think it will be hectic. I will probably make it out to the park either Tuesday or Wednesday as well.
Edwardo wrote:
fishels wrote:
Edwardo wrote:And Duane only posts when he basically already knows and it’s somehow publicly confirmed or leaked.

Duane? What page did he post on?

Sry never heard of him.

Duane runs RCDB.

I see.

I’m not trying to be intentionally obtuse, but can you post a link to what he said? Sorry I’m not really savvy as far as the coaster community goes :oops:

If you cans that is. Thanks man

Edit: I’m just a bit confused as to what he confirmed is all. I haven’t b en following along too close.
Honestly, our coaster lineup is actually pretty good. We have:

Goldrusher- a fun family coaster
Woodstock Express- A good starter for the kids looking up at the bigger rides in the park
Hurler- A good enough woodie, not that impressive, but it's actually much faster than it looks, to me atleast
Afterburn- Regarded by many as the best B&M invert in the world
Intimidator- Known as the best hypercoaster by many enthusiasts
FURY 3325- THE GRAND CHAMPION AS THE BEST STEEL COASTER IN THE WORLD!!!
Cyclone- could definitely be better, but holds the record as the first coaster with 4 inversions, so I out it on the list.

I'm sure with the Mack launch coming next year, our lineup will greatly improve and just the park in general. A launch is something we've needed for years but all we need is a world record we can advertise and boom we have ourselves another increase in park visitors and an even better chance of seeing an annual 3 million visitors.
Yea our lineup isnt to bad at all. I think after you ride all these things for so many years they become more EH, but the GP loves the rides. I think the variety is good, and the launch next year will be a great addition! My favorite coaster type is launch so I cant wait! Not been on a whole lot of them but I think ours might be one of the better ones. No matter the layout, speed, height, etc. It will be a good ride and a nice addition to our little park :)
CCookieMonster wrote:
sorashaun wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:It will be a good ride and a nice addition to our little park :)

Little? :wtf:

Umm... [b]LITTLE?![b] Carowinds is about 400 acres, sir.

The park is about about 150 arces minus the parking lot, backstage and undeveloped land.

Carowinds looks tiny compared to the other larger Cedar Fair park’s.
RollerBee wrote:
CCookieMonster wrote:
sorashaun wrote:
Little? :wtf:

Umm... [b]LITTLE?![b] Carowinds is about 400 acres, sir.

The park is about about 150 arces minus the parking lot, backstage and undeveloped land.

Carowinds looks tiny compared to the other larger Cedar Fair park’s.

Not really.
mdsmith98 wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:There was a big yellow piece of equipment too, looked like some type of drilling machine. The concrete pipes were over near the crane so im guessing they will be putting all of that in and digging footers this week. Hope to get back Tues or Wed to check things out!

Yea, I saw that when I was there friday. I was going to go tomorrow, but being memorial day I think it will be hectic. I will probably make it out to the park either Tuesday or Wednesday as well.

Well if you decided to go today, looks like you made a good choice, looks like the weather has made this memorial day be a very very light one...

One a side note, I know the park isnt little, its fine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Actually ACE didn't come up with the term Hyper Coaster. Enthusiasts kind of made up their own classifications of coasters and many call Fury 325 a Giga Coaster when it isn't according to ACE.

ACE classifies coasters based on the model of the manufacturer. Because B&M doesn't make Giga Coasters (Intamin does - Mega/Giga Coaster), Fury 325 is classified as a Hyper Coaster as far as ACE is concerned: http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/product/hyper-coaster. Both Intimidator and Fury 325 are B&M Hyper Coasters.