General Carowinds discussion
No. After the issues with saturator, I dont see Carowinds getting a water coaster ever again, not saying Mack's water coasters have issues, but I dont think we will ever get one again. Our Mack will be a dual launch coaster.
I'm at the park today and just took these from the platform of Barracuda Blasters. No work going on today.
Attachments
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:No. After the issues with saturator, I dont see Carowinds getting a water coaster ever again, not saying Mack's water coasters have issues, but I dont think we will ever get one again. Our Mack will be a dual launch coaster.

Forgive my ignorance, but what issues were those? I vaguely remember that ride (never rode it myself), but I much prefer what took its place.
JWitter wrote:So with all of this Mack rides talk, I decided to pay their website a visit. I'm sure there are people with more expertise than me, but could they be building one of these? Since it is near waterpark?

https://mack-rides.com/products/water-r ... r-coaster/

TBH this looks really fun. I know in the wishlist thread someone talked about another water ride kind of similar to this, but if we ever got this the park could advertise it as a new coaster. Hey, technically speaking CP got a new coaster every year for 4 consecutive years (2013- Gatekeeper, 2014 Pipescream, 2015 Rougarou, 2016 Valravn). Even though half of those are not "new" or even a coaster (as some may say), the GP thinks it is and loves it and that's really all that matter. I do think our Mack will probably break some type of record of something to bring in some type of revenue. May not be a World record, but maybe regional, national or just something the aprk could advertise...e.i. Intimidator. Remember how Carowinds advertised Intimidator before Fury was born?
Attachments
JWitter wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:No. After the issues with saturator, I dont see Carowinds getting a water coaster ever again, not saying Mack's water coasters have issues, but I dont think we will ever get one again. Our Mack will be a dual launch coaster.

Forgive my ignorance, but what issues were those? I vaguely remember that ride (never rode it myself), but I much prefer what took its place.

I dont know exact problems, some on here might, but I know that the water jets and things didnt work majority of the time. It also got stuck in the middle of the ride a few times. I have pictures of it stuck going around the first curves lol. The track was also very rusted in the spots where the water constantly ran and hit the rails.... Anyone know more specifics on those issues?
On top of that, Mack is one of the more reliable companies in the industry. I don’t think we’ll see a water coaster from them but if the park eventually gets a new flume ride, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a Mack.
Going back to the records discussion we had on here, if the layout is true, this would be the only launch coaster in the world to feature two vertical loops. Now I know that’s a fact so obscure that most of y’all are probably doing cartwheels when you roll your eyes, but it’s catchy from a marketing standpoint: “The World’s First Double-Looping Launch Coaster”.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:
JWitter wrote:

I dont know exact problems, some on here might, but I know that the water jets and things didnt work majority of the time. It also got stuck in the middle of the ride a few times. I have pictures of it stuck going around the first curves lol. The track was also very rusted in the spots where the water constantly ran and hit the rails.... Anyone know more specifics on those issues?

All I remember is that those Set Point Swing Things were very slow loaders. You had to wait for the cannons to be loaded with water, and the ride ops got soaking wet trying to manage the thing. It required too much. .
tarheel1231 wrote:Going back to the records discussion we had on here, if the layout is true, this would be the only launch coaster in the world to feature two vertical loops. Now I know that’s a fact so obscure that most of y’all are probably doing cartwheels when you roll your eyes, but it’s catchy from a marketing standpoint: “The World’s First Double-Looping Launch Coaster”.

That does sound catchy and cool. The only question is, is that the real layout. I guess we have to wait until August 16 for that, though.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:
JWitter wrote:

Issues? This isn't true at all. It closed down because it was a pain in the a$$ and expensive to run. Nothing more.
The water jets worked, they were just turned off to save money.
Coasters get stuck. It happens.
Coaster track rusts when it gets wet. Physics.