General Carowinds discussion
Clearing for Fury did not begin until June 2014. Granted, the park had a lot of unfinished projects to complete for the 2014 season to do first.
gabed wrote:Clearing for Fury did not begin until June 2014. Granted, the park had a lot of unfinished projects to complete for the 2014 season to do first.

That's crazy. They had so much to do, since they were doing the entrance too. I wonder how much of the early start was due to having to remove plumbing, etc.
From the Intimidator construction photo page, it appears clearing for the flume (which probably had a similar plumbing removal process) began in April, with footers being dug by end of June, and footer concrete placement in late July / early August.

I'd imagine that with the drilling rig and bores already on site, then we should see some footers being dug in the next week or so.
Here are a few more pictures from today. I was able to get a couple of the area between the parking lot and Carowinds Blvd. Not sure that it will be used for track or support storage, not a lot of room, but you never know! Also got one of where WWF entrance was over the fence, I havent seen one but forgive me if its the same thing.... Also I tried to get a few shots of the drill on the ground. Check out all the pictures on my page if you wish!
Attachments
Ok so those last two pics are puzzling to me.... I’m not trying to sturr anything up again but that doesn’t look like just drainage to me....maybe something else or they could be moving the warehouse like some have said
Yea it looks like its been flattened, dont really know. I would think it would be more for track and support staging, if anything, but it could be nothing, just thought I would check it out, get a picture of something different :lol:
I take back what I said about them moving the warehouse you would think if they needed the current warehouse area for the new ride they would have already started to dismantel it . Track storage I guess could be a possibility but they have never taken such effort just for track storage.....yes you know what’s going through my mind but I’m not gonna say it...lol
:lol: Yea I dont think they would do it just for that. I think some area in the parking lot will just be used for the track and supports. I guess we will find out, fairly soon....

Also here is a video I made today, its just a short clip, nothing that great, its not on YouTube so I dont know how else to get it to show on here but here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/carowindsfanso ... 783688884/
Hey all. I have not been on here in ages. I have been reading daily just no commenting in awhile. I run 6 pages now and it keeps me busy. I was at the park on Wednesday. It was nice being able to meet mdsmith98 and RiDeWaRrioR today for the first time. As for the new coaster I am hoping for a Helix/Icon/BlueFire style coaster instead of a spinner. As I would imagine most are. Fun times ahead over the months to come.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Also here is a video I made today, its just a short clip, nothing that great, its not on YouTube so I dont know how else to get it to show on here but here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/carowindsfanso ... 783688884/

You put the [youtube] [/youtube] tag around it.

[youtube]https://www.facebook.com/carowindsfansonly/videos/202846783688884/[/youtube]
The area between the parking lot and the highway is probably going to be used for track staging. It would make NO sense to stage it over behind the bus lot where Fury's track was staged. There's really no other place to put it without taking up parking lot space.

The only kicker would be how they plan to move track into position with cars parked in the lot. I assume they would just move the specific track they were going to install one day over to the warehouse area the night before when the parking lot is empty.

I'd still like to see it used for a "Hades" type effect. Or even OVER the parking lot would be cool too.
keep in mind that this is different than fury as the track and supports will arrive by container instead of flatbeds. The containers might be loaded in a way where they may be able to unload the containers as they go without truly "staging" it. Keep in mind this is my first time following a foreign manufactured coaster so i might be completely wrong.