General Carowinds discussion
I dont know if those are coaster supports or not.... looks like those cell phone towers or power line towers, I have seen them before, just cant remember... Richochet is also a Mack and it arrived by container, might be the same with this. I will definitely check tomorrow at the park if those are anywhere on site, that I can see though for sure! Thanks for sharing.
No problem! Never know when you may have something ! Oh a side note... they have started building that drill, and by the size of it yesterday when I saw it, its likely for those concrete pipes.... water drainage I guess? I didnt go to the park today, my friend reported this, if he sends a picture I will post, he said it was hard to get pictures though....

EDIT: Looks like a storm decided to hit the park this evening, may not see much work tomorrow now...
Attachments
Intamin ships all of their track to the US in regular shipping containers that open from the back.

They just don’t ship a lot of track to the US anymore...

And those are most definitely not supports for this ride.
SafetySam wrote:This is kinda off topic but I know it was brought up way back when this thread was started but some people were talking about the lack of room for another significant coaster; so this lead me to the question why do we not have a single coaster In our park that intertwine? A lot of other parks do. The closest we get is Goldrusher next to Vortex and that’s about it

There is more than enough room inside the park for another significant coaster. The Dinosaurs Alive area will soon be extinct and open up quite a bit of land for a future coaster/expansion. The one at Kings Island closed last year, so I would think this one has maybe the rest of this season, and perhaps next. I expect it to be gone before the 2020 season starts. That's not confirmed, but it's about time.
cwgator wrote:
SafetySam wrote:This is kinda off topic but I know it was brought up way back when this thread was started but some people were talking about the lack of room for another significant coaster; so this lead me to the question why do we not have a single coaster In our park that intertwine? A lot of other parks do. The closest we get is Goldrusher next to Vortex and that’s about it

There is more than enough room inside the park for another significant coaster. The Dinosaurs Alive area will soon be extinct and open up quite a bit of land for a future coaster/expansion. The one at Kings Island closed last year, so I would think this one has maybe the rest of this season, and perhaps next. I expect it to be gone before the 2020 season starts. That's not confirmed, but it's about time.

Then, there is the Cobra, Vortex, Nighthawk space(s).