General Carowinds discussion
Capler wrote:
cwgator wrote:
SafetySam wrote:This is kinda off topic but I know it was brought up way back when this thread was started but some people were talking about the lack of room for another significant coaster; so this lead me to the question why do we not have a single coaster In our park that intertwine? A lot of other parks do. The closest we get is Goldrusher next to Vortex and that’s about it

There is more than enough room inside the park for another significant coaster. The Dinosaurs Alive area will soon be extinct and open up quite a bit of land for a future coaster/expansion. The one at Kings Island closed last year, so I would think this one has maybe the rest of this season, and perhaps next. I expect it to be gone before the 2020 season starts. That's not confirmed, but it's about time.

Then, there is the Cobra, Vortex, Nighthawk space(s).

And the other ~200 undeveloped acres.
Hiveminded wrote:Here we go, version 3 of my No Limits coaster. I have to leave soon so I'll type up a wall of text of my thoughts and concerns later.

By far the best recreation of the leaked layout I've seen so far. You get a lot of airtime and laterals, especially in the second half! That tophat looks way better than Bluefire's! This will easily claim the second spot in Carowinds' top 3 if this is the actual layout of the coaster!
Recreation looks fantastic. Literally my only nitpick is the support color. I would think with the ride being so close to the water park, they'd go for a sandy/light tan hue (Hangtime and Railblazer) but the layout is a perfect recreation.

[EDIT] This is what I’m picturing:
Cedar Fair usually doesn’t go for darker color schemes in their parks, so while it would fit the theme, it probably isn’t realistic. Especially next to the bright colored water park.

They’ve used variations of the copper/rust hue for three of their coasters in the past two years, so it’d make sense to continue the trend.
I took my colors directly from a copperhead, and since almost all Mack coaster use dark colors (besides Icon of course), I'd assume this one has a darker color scheme too. But we'll see when the track and supports start to show up
claxicorn wrote:I took my colors directly from a copperhead, and since almost all Mack coaster use dark colors (besides Icon of course), I'd assume this one has a darker color scheme too. But we'll see when the track and supports start to show up

I think that's entirely up to the park, not the manufacturer. Some of the Blue Fire clones have pretty garish paint jobs.
I have NO idea at all what the new ride will be.

My first thought very early on was that this was so close to the water park that it maybe it could be a coaster that you would get wet and could load up on either the water or dry side of the park.... Problem though is that as others have stated that maintenance could be a problem.
sorashaun wrote:I don’t think the proximity to the water park has any relevance to its color scheme.

He's talking about how well the color scheme of the ride would connect to these water slides literally right next to it
Attachments