General Carowinds discussion
By redrunner97
Did they even have MassAcres set up last year, even though it was announced?

I saw nothing every time I went in 2012, to the point I asked a worker who told me "I don't know why that's on the map".
redrunner97 wrote:Did they even have MassAcres set up last year, even though it was announced?

I saw nothing every time I went in 2012, to the point I asked a worker who told me "I don't know why that's on the map".

Yes, Mass Acres was set up. It was so spaced out it was just hard to really tell I guess you could say. It didn't have enough props if you ask me. Plus there were signs up that read "Mass Acres".

Here are two props from Mass Acres. Lol.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.18 KiB) Viewed 3437 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (93.81 KiB) Viewed 3443 times
Last edited by intimidator rider on August 29th, 2013, 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
I remember last year walking around the park and we ask someone where is mass acres, and turns out we already walked through it. It was absolutely horrible :lol: The one thing about this London Terror thing is that you can see the back of the props from intimidator VERY WELL, I hope they cover it up some how. Obviously you can only do so much, but it doesnt look good. With hiring 700 people this year, it should be "better" than before. I really hope they invested in more fog machines and more decor this year because in the last few years its been kind of dull....
By LemondsHead
i agree with the mass acres posts im sure they just used leftover props for that last year but i think they need a way bigger sign for it so people can actually tell when they are walking through it

oh and by the way has anybody got any pics of scary tales or have they not even started setting it up yet?
By intimidator rider
What the heck is with this. I was looking on the webcam, and seen a little boy pulling some kind of wagon. It's 9, and Carowinds Isn't open yet. That's kind of creepy lol.
Attachments
image.jpg
Ok?????
image.jpg (58.16 KiB) Viewed 3300 times
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Took some pics today at the park, they added to the london section and I guess the "scary tales" area is what I also got pics of beside Vortex, if that is where it will be, not sure because there was no sign up.... Feeding frenzy was also setup and the covered walkway was closed. Scary tales might be where the playground used to be? Nothing was set up yet in that area...
Attachments
scarowinds.jpg
scarowinds.jpg (273.86 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
london terror 2.jpg
london terror 2.jpg (56.87 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
london terror.jpg
london terror.jpg (50 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
By RollerBee
intimidator rider wrote:What the heck is with this. I was looking on the webcam, and seen a little boy pulling some kind of wagon. It's 9, and Carowinds Isn't open yet. That's kind of creepy lol.

If you zoom in, you can tell it isnt a kid. It looks like an employee going to get water.
By Merthecat
I was there Sunday, and I saw that they had added a model of Big Ben to London Terror.

I also noticed something else:

While walking through Mass Acres, I saw a few very big monuments, two with names I recognized on them. The names were: (and only a theme park freak would notice this) Bart Kinzel, and Ouimet.
By arby
Merthecat wrote:While walking through Mass Acres, I saw a few very big monuments, two with names I recognized on them. The names were: (and only a theme park freak would notice this) Bart Kinzel, and Ouimet.

Those have been there as long as I can remember. Oiumet used to say Kinzel if I recall correctly.
By allie418
arby wrote:
Merthecat wrote:While walking through Mass Acres, I saw a few very big monuments, two with names I recognized on them. The names were: (and only a theme park freak would notice this) Bart Kinzel, and Ouimet.

Those have been there as long as I can remember. Oiumet used to say Kinzel if I recall correctly.

They also have a monument with the name Chadwick. One of the director of Scarowinds.