General Carowinds discussion
Was up there today with my kids. Glad to say that my 3 year old rode the woodstock express for the 1st time, and she rode 3 times in a row LOL. Anways, no ride on intimidator today for the first time ever... :( oh well. I heard the second trim hit while in the kid park but very light. Glad they have modified it or whatever to hardly hit anymore...
I have been told that it easily goes 80, but I dont know. I have wondered the same thing for a long time. I say that it feels like 80 to me but I have not really seen a 100% say on this. Makes me want to get a radar gun and take it and find out :lol:
By jsz1002
I was there yesterday. We rode Intimidator twice. Both rides were the worst I've had on it. The second trim really slowed it down on the way back...really disappointing compared to opening day.
Rode it yesterday several times. In the morning, it was very slow and boring. In the afternoon, it was much better. The trims were still on but the coaster was running much faster. Got back row twice in a row also in the afternoon. First time i've gotten to ride the last row at all this season. It really takes you over that first hill. :shock:
By bgwfreak
Not sure exactly where to put this, but I thought it was interesting they put Carolina Cyclone on the souvenir cups this year instead of Intimidator. That ride would do with some better trains, but still I'm grateful the park is remembering their classic rides like this.

By RiDeWaRrIoR
bgwfreak wrote:Not sure exactly where to put this, but I thought it was interesting they put Carolina Cyclone on the souvenir cups this year instead of Intimidator. That ride would do with some better trains, but still I'm grateful the park is remembering their classic rides like this.

Its cyclone's 30th b day thats why, i guess. They should have at least taken a new picture of it...
Yea probaly. I wish they had (or I found) the intimidator cup! I had to get the one with cyclone. The only reason I got it was because when I take my kids its cheaper to buy a drink in this (or get water for all of us). Oh well, it is what it is.
Rode it last Saturday night and I have to say that it is a fun smooth ride. Right when we sat down and had own bars locked it was 10:00 and they put the bars back up. But we still got to ride because they just did something wrong. Some people thought that because it was closing time we wouldn't be able to ride. The crew is great and they had the coaster hauling threw the station. Thumbs up for eveybody who was working that night.