General Carowinds discussion
By Blue Moon
Busiest day of the year probably. I just got home from working. All of the guests seemed to be very happy today still which made working in that a whole lot easier.
Had first experience with the Intimidator broken down today. Didn't affect me much, but the train got stuck on the second to last brake run(is that the midcourse?) and barely got to the drop. Interesting to watch. Anyway, the park was terrible today. Extremely crowded, and only started to get better after about 2:00. I thought that it might be ok since its Sunday, but I was really wrong. Even though the park was full, I think about 1/3 of the cars in the parking lot were there for Boomerang Bay, so the lot doesn't totally reflect how the park was.
By Blue Moon
Not this Sunday. As you know it's Memorial Day Weekend, but also Military Appreciation Day. Active and retired military personnel with proper ID have free access to the park. Their family members also get in at a discount. That is for today and tomorrow. Tomorrow also has bring a friend for $19.99 if you are a gold or platinum pass-holder.
I didn't think the park was that crowded today. Everyone had to be there for the waterpark. No more than ten min. waits for Topgun/Afterburn, Cobra, Thunder road, cyclone, vortex than we had a 30 min. wait for the Intimadator.
The pit crew had the train hauling today just like last time i rode it. We were pulling into the station and the girl was like we have 30 seconds to get this train back on the road. I knew they have it moving fast but not that fast. Good job Intimadator Pit crew and keep it up. Those flags you guys have reflect everything.
By jsz1002
Rode this again on saturday night. It was hot and crowded, but I did get in 2 rides. It was running much better and faster than my previous trip in early May. I've now rode 11 times and still have never been in the front :(
By Mr.Nitro
jsz1002 wrote:Rode this again on saturday night. It was hot and crowded, but I did get in 2 rides. It was running much better and faster than my previous trip in early May. I've now rode 11 times and still have never been in the front :(

Ouch! The first 4-5 rows are definitely the best. Go on a non busy day and you can pretty much ask to sit where you want.
By KenB
Got my first Intimidator night rides tonight. Met up with a friend at about 7:45, got on with a nearly full queue in about 30 minutes. Pretty good ride in the middle of the train. We met up with my friend's co-worker and we headed up to the Flyers, which took awhile to get on but our group got the "shout out" from the op for going the highest.

Finished out the night on Intimdator, with a ride in row 12 and then row 14. These rides were quite good. The queue was nearly full both times, but the line really keeps moving with the good crew and 3 train operation.

I think the heat and the ride breaking in some more has added a bit of speed. Not a lot, but some. The spots with positive Gs felt stronger, and the turnaround definitely felt faster. It still wasn't that forceful but the train really seemed to take off on the exit. The airtime was quite good in the usual spots, with my thighs against the lapbar the entire time on the 3 airtime hills. Trim #2 was grabbing but not that hard.

As always, riding at night added to the fun. The coaster looks great at night both on ride and off.
By bgwfreak
OK how did I manage to miss you tonight. lol

Anyway, got 3 rides tonight, 2 in the dark.

I really can't say that the night rides made a huge difference, say like Afterburn does. Course if it had rained a little tonight, and the track was cooled off, I might have felt different. Either way, Rides 53, 54 & 55 were well worth my time.
Got 2 rides at dusk/dark last night as well...

It does seem to be getting faster, and the trims werent hitting nearly as hard as the last couple weeks. We should pick a day and have a CC group meeting there.... A "train takeover" if you will.. :lol: :lol:

Also had the usual line jumpers.. Someone actually told me and I quote, " Like.. everyone has to wait in line, you know , this line doesnt take very long and..... like..... what does it matter where you start.. We texted our friends and they are .. like...up there" My daughter heard me say things that she doenst normally hear... :lol: :lol:
By Wormy
Mountain, I'm all for planning a day for a CC takeover, but it would probably be a small group; how many of us are still reading the boards now, four or five? :lol: The park should consider that a compliment and testament to the fact that Intimidator is a great success and there's little, if anything to complain about or discuss here at the moment. No offense, but if you want a bunch of silly chatter, the Carowinds facebook page has plenty to offer, not to mention a certain sister park's fansite.

It's hard to get folks together for anything, but I'll throw it out there that maybe a good time would be a weekday afternoon, after work for the adults for a couple of hours, sometime this June? As long as Anthony is working the flyers late..
By bgwfreak
Wormy wrote:
It's hard to get folks together for anything, but I'll throw it out there that maybe a good time would be a weekday afternoon, after work for the adults for a couple of hours, sometime this June? As long as Anthony is working the flyers late..

With the park being open till 8:00 now during the week, that would work for me. I'd probably get there about 6:00 with traffic and grabbing a bite to eat.