General Carowinds discussion
By Blue Moon
It sounds like you may have it mixed up. There are two rides under Cedar Fair with similar names. The one at Carowinds is Intimidator by B&M. Over in Virginia at King's Dominion, there is Intimidator 305 by Intamin. Both are completely different rides. The trims have always existed on our ride.
Blue- I was there on sunday if you were working, what was the problem why intimidator went down for about 30 min.? I was next to get on the train, and all of a sudden "we are experiencing technical difficulties."
carowinds4ever wrote:Blue- I was there on sunday if you were working, what was the problem why intimidator went down for about 30 min.? I was next to get on the train, and all of a sudden "we are experiencing technical difficulties."

Just nipping this one in the bud, but employees can't comment on things such as downtime in a place like this.
By Jonathan
Went on Diamondback last week... I think I prefer it very slightly to Intimidator. There are a couple more hills with airtime, plus there is only one trim (which doesn't really affect the ride). I like the turnaround better on Intimidator, though, and Diamondback doesn't have anything that compares to Intimidator's 2nd hill.
By !ntimidator
got my 50th ride and my first night ride in on Saturday and it was amazing at night. The breeze made it feel feel faster and the trims barely hit. Also blue is ur name andrew?
By coasterD
Although I first rode Intimidator on the fourth day of this season, I haven't actually gotten around to posting my review yet...until now.

But anyways, Intimidator is my first hyper coaster (just became a coaster freak recently :D ) and I understand now why the hyper coaster is becoming a staple in the modern amusement park. The entire ride is a fun filled experience of plain air! I love the second hill most though, and um, correct me if I'm wrong guys, but isn't Intimidator the only B&M hyper with this ellement?
By bgwfreak
Monday I got my 80th ride.

On the trims, it's strange how different two rides can be on the thing.

On ride 77 the wind was really kicking and it turned the trims off totally and I had ejector air on every hill on the return trip.

When we came back in the station, my row was empty so I rode again. With the same exact train, it trimmed us on the second trim and the air wasn't nearly as good, and I can see why people say trims can ruin a ride. Not bad, just not as good as the previous trimless ride.
By Edwardo
I've had some heavily trimmed rides and some barely trimmed rides. The front 4 rows are definitely the best, but boy do you get pulled over the top in the back. I love the ride more every time I ride it. Went after work on Tuesday to ride with some friends down for the shoot. Rode Intimidator, Afterburn (was running well), and Boo Blasters. Got 3 straight rides without getting off at the end of the nite. I may go back this weekend for more.