General Carowinds discussion
By CarolinaNative
FamousAmos wrote:Sure, but we need to make sure that it's okay.

Yeah if course I wonder if you could just email jarsh my name as a guest and he put me on the list as such so you wouldn't have to be at the front gate when I come. I don't know I'm just saying
By Jarsh
CarolinaNative wrote:Can you add me to your list if you have no one? :D

I don't have the list anymore as it's been sent off to the park for a while now.

FamousAmos wrote:Jarsh, If anyone wants to be my guest from the forum here, can they do that? Like what several did for you at the WWU? Because I'm not planning on bringing a guest with me. If anyone wants to be my guest (but have their own way to and from the park), they are more than welcome to. But would I have to be present when they sign up at the gate?

I don't know if they will have to be present when they check-in or not. I would think that they would need to be so that the folks at check-in can verify that you are actually someones +1 and not just someone off the street who saw something on a message board about it.

FamousAmos wrote:Sure, but we need to make sure that it's okay.

He can be your +1 if you don't care. I don't have anything to do with the +1's aside from making sure they understand they are representing ACE and to behave properly.

CarolinaNative wrote:Yeah if course I wonder if you could just email jarsh my name as a guest and he put me on the list as such so you wouldn't have to be at the front gate when I come. I don't know I'm just saying

I don't have the list so emailing me won't do any good. The best thing to do is for you both to trade contact information and have CarolinaNative contact you when he gets to the front gate FamousAmos. You should be allowed to walk out there and verify that he is your +1 and get him entry into the event.
By coasteraddict
Those who do not have a +1 but who will be open to helping these other people who have expressed interest above should most likely want to exchange contact information since I'd sure the park will be crossing people off when they check-in, so it would be highly recommended to have the +1 right there. That is just my personal best guess...

Maybe, we should make a new topic for +1 coordination? Then, people can request and get confirmation from the people wanting to pass along their +1.
By coasterdave
Yea I think there should be a topic about the +1 people begging cause it would help the folks that are kind enough to let someone tag along. Also I am sure some of the posts would be pretty entertaining but just remember if you go with someone then do not be a dick or an *ss at Media Day.
By RollerBee
I am above begging for several personal reasons. However I look forward to everyone's reports, photos and opinions!
By FamousAmos
By the way, the other two peeps who were with me at the WWU will not be bringing a guest. So They said that if one of you would like to be our +1 you are more than welcome. I'll take the first two of you who'll PM me.
By Chris
Amos, be careful. You don't know many of these people and while they are probably OK, you are risking your reputation with the park and with ACE to let people you don't know into a media event.
By coasterbruh
C'mon. The park takes risk at every event when they open it up to us and the public. The park took a risk when they invited random people from their facebook to the announcement. And if you know the people on fb they can seem pretty dumbfounded at times. When was the last time you heard of something bad happening at an event like this? We all were people we didn't know at some point in life...

95% of people who post on this site are pretty mature and can govern themselves accordingly in the public. Joshua don't recant...give someone the same chance someone gave you. I'll take personal responsibility for them so if they get outta line I will take them to the woodshed... :thumbup:
By coasterbruh
RollerBee wrote:I am above begging for several personal reasons. However I look forward to everyone's reports, photos and opinions!

I was ready to add you to the list pending your begging qualities but now...you're OUT! :thumbdown: ! See what having too much pride gets ya...
By CarolinaNative
coasterbruh wrote:C'mon. The park takes risk at every event when they open it up to us and the public. The park took a risk when they invited random people from their facebook to the announcement. And if you know the people on fb they can seem pretty dumbfounded at times. When was the last time you heard of something bad happening at an event like this? We all were people we didn't know at some point in life...

95% of people who post on this site are pretty mature and can govern themselves accordingly in the public. Joshua don't recant...give someone the same chance someone gave you. I'll take personal responsibility for them so if they get outta line I will take them to the woodshed... :thumbup:

Thank you Coaster bruh. I'm one of the ones that need this chance. Some people know how to act I'm a 31 yr old family man that loves coaster and I wish I would've gotten involved in a site like this sooner because I would be apart of ace and would've been at WWU and honestly if I had the chance to bring someone with me and I had no one on my own to bring I would definitely open it up to bring someone on here. Like you said 95% of the people on here are mature and knows how to act. Like you said some people need a chance just like yall were blessed enough to get and getting the opportunity to go someone giving me a chance I would be even more humbled and know not to act crazy because after all that person didn't have to do it but that had a open enough heart to give me a chance and I would take it as gold. So thanks Coaster bruh for standing up for the ones that are like me
By Edwardo
Heck I'm not above politely asking (I don't see much reason ton beg since I've got friends here), but I can't go regardless since I've been in Florida on vacation all week and can't get off for media day.

But as I did state earlier, everyone should definitely be on their best behavior. Having said that, I think everyone here gets it for the most part. Above all, have fun, and remember that this is just part of a whole new Carowinds!