General Carowinds discussion
By Littlegiles
coasterbruh wrote:...I'll take personal responsibility for them so if they get outta line I will take them to the woodshed... :thumbup:

Just curious....if a visitor, let's say a friend, was interested in visiting said woodshed, what exactly would I....I mean he, have to do to get that tour? :lol:

Through the kindness of a fellow forum member, I will now get to participate in this historical event and hopefully get to meet some of you folks.
By theamusementwire
Just on another note to add those who plan to attend media day and are still enrolled in public schools or are skipping class (excludes college students) to go attend media day is not cool! I saw this at Banshee Media Day last year and to me I would add that skipping school to go attend a media event is breaking the law! On a side note I look forward to seeing everyone at the media event, and I look forward to meeting up with a lot of you once again.
By carowindsman6654
theamusementwire wrote:Just on another note to add those who plan to attend media day and are still enrolled in public schools or are skipping class (excludes college students) to go attend media day is not cool! I saw this at Banshee Media Day last year and to me I would add that skipping school to go attend a media event is breaking the law! On a side note I look forward to seeing everyone at the media event, and I look forward to meeting up with a lot of you once again.

Breaking the law? :eh:
By Axel
The hourly forecast for Wednesday only goes out to 9AM so far... hopefully it will clear-up !

By coasterbruh
theamusementwire wrote:Just on another note to add those who plan to attend media day and are still enrolled in public schools or are skipping class (excludes college students) to go attend media day is not cool! I saw this at Banshee Media Day last year and to me I would add that skipping school to go attend a media event is breaking the law! On a side note I look forward to seeing everyone at the media event, and I look forward to meeting up with a lot of you once again.

Let people raise their kids and govern their households how they see fit...lets just stick to roller coasters. If my god son wasn't in Orlando I would have most definitely pulled him out of school for this. I would have DARED you or anyone else to come to me and say he should be in school. The government is already too involved in our personal lives and I don't think we have enough room for coaster geeks to put in their .02 cents...
By LocalYokel

If this is illegal the law is not enforced around here. Parents pull kids out of school for disney trips all the time.

There are potential educational benefits to attending media day. A child with an interest in studying PR or journalism will get a rare behind the scenes look at how those businesses operate. This can also be a great networking opportunity.
By coasterbruh
Anyone wanna the honor of being my guest tomorrow? I was gonna ask kinghippo and barbwire but I'm sure they have their spot in the very V.I.P. Section lol :wink: :clap: so the offer is out there...hit me up!
By dianals
For everybody going tomorrow, I hope you all have an AMAZING time, and take lots of pictures for those of us left behind!!

I wish I could take you up on that +1 (and would certainly beg appropriately if need be), but I have to be home to work tomorrow, as we have our own big day tomorrow. But I'll have the webcams set up to watch all of the 1st rides. And maybe I'll bump into some of you on Friday night. :)
By Homey G.

I'll be there with my daughter, who is a 6th grader. I'm pulling her out of school to go to the event. If you'd like to speak with me in person about how I raise my child, I'll be there bright and early and all day long, guy. Any number of folks there can point you in my direction. 8)
By chknwing
coasterbruh wrote:Anyone wanna the honor of being my guest tomorrow? I was gonna ask kinghippo and barbwire but I'm sure they have their spot in the very V.I.P. Section lol :wink: :clap: so the offer is out there...hit me up!

we could totally bury the hatchet