General Carowinds discussion
billmurray wrote:So, why cant Carowinds be getting Centurion and Fury 325 next year?

They could be...

BTW, I'm thinking I might change my Chromebook background. That logo is hella-sweet.

Chris wrote:It's amazing how everyone was feeling the 'Centurion' love 30 days ago, going as far as flat out hating on 'Fury 325.' Now that the logo has surfaced, everyone is back on the 'Fury 325' bandwagon. :crazy:

I have spoken out about my dislike of the FURY 325 name several times.
However, I like the logo and I'd be okay with that name, although simply FURY would be better IMO.

Now the real question...
Will people call it Fury "Three Hundred Twenty Five" , "Three Twenty Five", or "Three Two Five"?
I'm partial to "Fury Three Two Five". :lol: :roll:
redrunner97 wrote:Now the real question...
Will people call it Fury "Three Hundred Twenty Five" , "Three Twenty Five", or "Three Two Five"?

I'm guessing it will start off as Fury "Three twenty five" and after a few days or so everyone will just call it Fury. I think that's what everyone does for Intimidator at KD when they aren't comparing it to Carowinds version.
If I had to choose between Centurion or Fury 325, I'd choose Centurion in a New York minute. That being said, I love the logo and it makes me not hate the Fury 325 name so much.

I can't wait to find out exactly what the track length is going to be. 325 will make it the tallest giga in the world. Hopefully it will be a decent length too.....
So, now we know exactly why the Scarowinds Fury maze will be renamed, but Viral? I thought it was about mutants the military were using or something? Viral makes me think of sickness, body horror, zombies, disease, illness, etc. Not mutation. But whatever, it's not like a new name would make it stop sucking.

mark40511 wrote:If I had to choose between Centurion or Fury 325, I'd choose Centurion in a New York minute. That being said, I love the logo and it makes me not hate the Fury 325 name so much.

I can't wait to find out exactly what the track length is going to be. 325 will make it the tallest giga in the world. Hopefully it will be a decent length too.....

I agree. I just don't want a regular Fury to be announced at another park; and based on lack of speculation I don't think there will be. I want ours to have as much originality as possible. :)
Jarsh wrote:
redrunner97 wrote:Now the real question...

I'm guessing it will start off as Fury "Three twenty five" and after a few days or so everyone will just call it Fury. I think that's what everyone does for Intimidator at KD when they aren't comparing it to Carowinds version.

What about F-325 :lol: :lol:
jordN1414 wrote:The source of the Fury 325 logo is located right on the Carowinds website... In my opinion if you do not want anything leaked you shouldn't upload anything on your website and they shouldn't send out anything to anyone... But I don't know this could be another fake...

https://www.carowinds.com/images/banners/ca_fury325_rotator.jpg

The fact that the picture is still live on the website puts some doubt that this is the real thing...unless Carowinds has really just given up....

Also, this url is in the CSS but isn't live (which puts more doubt in me that the Fury 325 logo is real):

https://www.carowinds.com/images/structure/logo-main-swarm.png
Swarm may just have been their "code" so as not to post the actual name.

The Fury 325 Logo might still be active because they figure we're only hours away from the official announcement anyway,

Or they could have one more trick up their sleeve... but I think we're done with false leads and red herrings at this point.
CoasterNike1 wrote:
billmurray wrote:So, why cant Carowinds be getting Centurion and Fury 325 next year?

Why can't Centurion come next year?

Because I won't allow it...
My thoughts are that the Fury 325 logo took a while even for a pro to design, so I think it will be used somewhere. But I can't imagine Carowinds just hanging it out there for this long on their website if they really wanted to keep it under wraps until Thursday. That said, it would be easy to delete the 325 from the image and use it for any number of attractions. Given the whole Banshee/Bat teasing timeline, this would not be a surprising move.

Also could the 'Swarm' reference found scattered through the park website be referring to a coming group of rides or area (not necessarily all at once)? Maybe even a retheme or two? Or is it all just a red herring?

Finally Lance over at Screamscape seemed to be the original outlet for the Fury logo, but he is a local and I'm sure has a good relationship with the park. I'm thinking he was told to release the Fury logo into the wild.