General Carowinds discussion
coasteraddict wrote:
Jarsh wrote:
redrunner97 wrote:Now the real question...
Will people call it Fury "Three Hundred Twenty Five" , "Three Twenty Five", or "Three Two Five"?
I'm partial to "Fury Three Two Five". :lol: :roll:

I'm guessing it will start off as Fury "Three twenty five" and after a few days or so everyone will just call it Fury. I think that's what everyone does for Intimidator at KD when they aren't comparing it to Carowinds version.

Personally, I refer to KD's giga as I-305. However, when Elaine and I went to ride it for the first time this July, we were asking an employee about it when we arrived at night, and they did not know much about I-305 - LOL! For me, I'll probably stick to Fury 325 with the assumption that a Fury hype could be unveiled somewhere in the years to come if this ride comes off nicely! Who knows?

A 305 employee? Or a random employee? Huge difference.

I-305, 305, Intimidator 305 and THE Intimidator. We use them all.

F-325, 325, Fury 325 and THE Fury doesn't have the same ring unfortunately.
RollerBee wrote:
dehvin wrote:It may just be me, but it looks like the radius of that curved track is a bit small compared to the turn into the station on Intimidator.

If he is right, could this mean 4 across seating like Leviathan instead of V seating?

Yes, a month ago, Jarsh confirmed the Four Abreast Seating. The trains will not be like Intimidator. I also hope that there won't be any seat belts. *crosses fingers*
FamousAmos wrote:
RollerBee wrote:
dehvin wrote:It may just be me, but it looks like the radius of that curved track is a bit small compared to the turn into the station on Intimidator.

If he is right, could this mean 4 across seating like Leviathan instead of V seating?

Yes, a month ago, Jarsh confirmed the Four Abreast Seating. The trains will not be like Intimidator. I also hope that there won't be any seat belts. *crosses fingers*

Doubtful. I'm sure Cedar Fair would rather play it safe and have seat belts.
VolcanoDiva wrote:
I-305, 305, Intimidator 305 and THE Intimidator. We use them all.

F-325, 325, Fury 325 and THE Fury doesn't have the same ring unfortunately.

you're right... they sound better! :D
we'll probably be kicking I-305's butt in height, speed, AND airtime!
They might put them in storage shed over night but they wont leave the track unless the season is over. Each train is inspected everyday prior to operation. To my memory, each train is inspected on the storage tracks.
They put them in the storage area every night after the last ride is given. This is so stress will be taken off the running wheels. Usually the only time the trains would be on the main track would be when the ride is open and when it is testing.