General Carowinds discussion
Hey all. New on this site but wanted to jump in on the discussion.

The track seems to not be in front of Harmony Hall as of about 4PM.

Also, I had thought of this idea a while back:

Remember back in 2010 when Cedar Fair had big additions at Carowinds and Kings Dominion? They wanted to use the name Intimidator, but Dale Earnhardt Inc. owned the rights to the name. Cedar Fair approached DEI in hopes of being able to use the name, and sure enough, two areas with heavy NASCAR influences got roller coasters with a Dale Earnhardt theme and name. To distinguish between the two rides, the taller of the two was called Intimidator 305 (from its height).

What if Cedar Fair is doing the same thing this time around? In June, I spotted footers at California’s Great America. Since then, some have said it was for a new haunt or a new pavilion, but they certainly did not appear to be either of these to me. What if either the Great America project, or another Cedar Fair project in the near future is going to take advantage of the Fury name? Both Fury and Fury 325 have been trademarked separately, and the “325” in the leaked Fury 325 logo could easily be removed for a ride simply named Fury, just like in the case of Intimidator and Intimidator 305. Could Cedar Fair be looking to use another name more than once at different parks? If so, this would explain two trademarks with one having the height distinction attached to it.
What if Cedar Fair is doing the same thing this time around?

I don't think that is the case. Intimidator made some sense because it was a brand name that Cedar Fair had an agreement with. Fury is not. There's no previous connotation with the name and no reason to duplicate it. I think it might be more of a Magnum XL 200 scenario where they see a way to market the height of the ride in the name.

That is if it's Fury 325, of course.
If you look at Wormy's last post, then to the left, so now your looking at his avatar. Stare at his avatar for about 15 second and you'll notice an upside-down shark fin. If you look at the fin closely, it resembles in the same colors and shape as the bottom of the R in the Fury 325 logo.
lingerdog wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
lingerdog wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong because I really don't know if this is possible, but could they run Intimidator with the trains from Fury325 on it?

The better question is why would they want to?

Just a silly idea that occured to me so I figured I'd throw it out there.

Not to harp on this question, but, if it is possible to do that, I'd prefer the MF trains and restraints for I-305! Of course, I am curious how the giga seating will be on this one! Will we see new arrangements?