General Carowinds discussion
By double_a2013
tarheel1231 wrote:Carowinds is the only park on that list with two coasters in the top ten! I hate myself for starting to buy into these awards but it's different when it's personal. :) But I think any list that doesn't have Raptor in the top ten is a joke, so..... :roll:

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw Intimidator sneak in at #7 (notably above Leviathan). This year's GTA felt a bit like a coming out party for Carowinds. Next year, Fury may have a legit shot at #1
By TheCoasterMan1
I don't understand how Intimidator is ranked #7 in 2015 but when it first opened it tied for #21. To me that is backwards but maybe with Fury more of their "experts" have ridden Intimidator since they came to the park to ride Fury. It also surprised me that Intimidator beat Diamondback.
By tarheel1231
coasterbruh wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote: But I think any list that doesn't have Raptor in the top ten is a joke, so..... :roll:

I think the fact that out of hundreds of coasters YOU feel Raptor deserves to be in the top 10 is a joke . . .

We get it. YOU like the coaster. It's plenty of us that have fav coasters but we are smart enough to know that on the grand scale of things, our number 1 isn't the worlds number 1. The fact that it is only one looping and one inverted coaster, with it being the same coaster, clearly shows that people favor, as a whole, non looping air time machines.

In retrospect I should've used :sarcasm: though I thought it would be more obvious.

^ I also think Intimidator placed higher this year for riding Fury's coattails. It's a good coaster but the general consensus is that there are other B&M hypers and gigas more deserving of its spot. I'm happy that my home park is getting all this recognition, but I'd be a little miffed if about it if I lived up in Cincinnati or even Atlanta. Coaster ranking is completely subjective though, so there really is no "right" answer as to what the best coaster is....

[s]Raptor.[/s] :wave:
By coasterbruh
tarheel1231 wrote:
In retrospect I should've used :sarcasm: though I thought it would be more obvious.

I dunno . . . with you its hard to tell. :thumbup:
By RollerBee
The Force, an airtime machine? Fury 325....yes Intimidator....yes, Bizarro.....haven't rode it yet. But The Force, Fury 325 easily has twice the airtime of it.
By tarheel1231
The doubters of Millennium Force's airtime need to ride it in the back seat. Some of the most heavenly floater air experienced. Like Fury and Intimidator made love, giving all the floaty aspects of Intimidator with the sustained aspect of Fury. I know that's a weird description since Fury and Intimidator (on a good day) aren't that far apart in the airtime they provide, but it's like the grace of Intimidator and the near ejector of Fury at the same time.
By DarK Ei8ht
Only giga that beats Fury in my opinion is i305. Millennium is nowhere near the level of Fury. I don't know what airtime people are speaking of on millennium, but it was pretty much nonexistent in my 20 or so rides last year. Anyways, really glad to see Fury in the top 5. Definitely well deserved.
By gabed
Millennium Force = A very fun ride with a basic layout.
I-305 = A very fun ride that, despite amazing airtime, a great layout, and plenty of forces, just feels incomplete.
Fury = A ride that is not only a perfect combination of the two, but has a creative layout and has everything you could want in a coaster.

Haven't ridden the other two gigas and my last ride on Millenium Force was years ago. But still, I believe that Fury is the best of the three I've ridden.
By MarkD
tarheel1231 wrote:The doubters of Millennium Force's airtime need to ride it in the back seat. Some of the most heavenly floater air experienced. Like Fury and Intimidator made love, giving all the floaty aspects of Intimidator with the sustained aspect of Fury. I know that's a weird description since Fury and Intimidator (on a good day) aren't that far apart in the airtime they provide, but it's like the grace of Intimidator and the near ejector of Fury at the same time.

Did we ride the SAME M.F? Just asking as I totally disagree with everything you just said. Opinions are just that, opinions.
By tarheel1231
MarkD wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:The doubters of Millennium Force's airtime need to ride it in the back seat. Some of the most heavenly floater air experienced. Like Fury and Intimidator made love, giving all the floaty aspects of Intimidator with the sustained aspect of Fury. I know that's a weird description since Fury and Intimidator (on a good day) aren't that far apart in the airtime they provide, but it's like the grace of Intimidator and the near ejector of Fury at the same time.

Did we ride the SAME M.F? Just asking as I totally disagree with everything you just said. Opinions are just that, opinions.

I think near ejector is a bit much, but I find myself wondering the same thing. I honestly don't know how people say Millennium Force has no airtime when the moments it has are stronger than Intimidator's (talking about back seat though). Either I suffered severe brain damage from Mean Streak or I've been riding a different coaster.

Actually..... :think:
By RollerBee
I believe you suffered brain damage from Mean Streak or the Cedar Point fanboys have brain washed you. Take 7 doses of Fury, 3 doses of Intimidator, 5 doses of Afterburn, 2 doses of Skytower and a dose of Southern Star(for good measure) and respond afterwards.

If that don't work, then I need a shipping box with holes in it STAT!
By Wormy
tarheel needs to get a few more under his belt, and he will. In the meantime he certainly has a flair for the dramatic.

The GTAs. Much of which is plain laughable, but how the hell does this happen?

By CodyH3333
If you go to this link> http://vc.charmeck.org/?layers=Land%20D ... 20Projects
And go to the top right and click on aerial 15 and find Carowinds you can see the new enterance and Fury 325..but you have to go to map content on the top left and you can turn down the transparency for the red and green spots! Pretty cool!

Edit: You can also drag the street view guy to the service road next to fury 325, the parking lot, and even the front entrance!