General Carowinds discussion
By dukefanswimmer89
montumax wrote:
Cephas wrote: If a coaster was coming next year, they're be track in the parking lot by now.

Not necessarily true :) No sighting of track yet at SFOG!

so hope remains!!! :D

^True

Somebody needs to drive by the campground and look for orange flags.

i'll look into it when i'm at the park on Friday, maybe drive around behind thrill zone, ride Drop Zone a couple of times

but what could they theme to CBS if topdog01 is actually right??

not many shows could work... survivor would be a cheesy theme...
By KenB
Remember at this time in 2003, Carowinds had made no announcement, the Sternwheeler was still cruising around the island, and Stealth was still giving rides at PGA - and would for another month!

That's not to say I'm predicting something big - I'd be surprised to see it - but it certainly hasn't been ruled out yet either.

KenB
By RollerBee
But wait, decon on the island had already started too.
By topdog01
Nothing has been written in permanent ink however duke is on the right track? Rumor has it two parks will launch a new coaster and PC just might be one of those customers. Who knows? :) Theres 2 major products I hear this coming year so I hear!
By swampfox43
topdog01 wrote: Rumor has it two parks will launch a new coaster and PC just might be one of those customers.

"launch" being the operative word....
;)
By carowindsfreak13
Hopefully someone will say something at C3.
By montumax
topdog01 wrote: Nothing has been written in permanent ink however duke is on the right track? Rumor has it two parks will launch a new coaster and PC just might be one of those customers. Who knows? :) Theres 2 major products I hear this coming year so I hear!

Oh, its up to 2 now?

I had heard a rumour a long time ago that PKD and PC were suppose to get the "new" versions of IJST. What it means by "new" I have no idea.
By dukefanswimmer89
^ new = hopefully not IJST as cephas said..

how about, if its premier as Paramount likes to go these days, FOF, or better, a shuttle loop thats better then Speed in LV. or maybe carowinds wants to blow the world out with an Intamin strata, example Kingda La, 457 feet tall and 129 mph... now that would be great...
By Carowinds44
Well I'm going to be the optimist of the group and go ahead and point out that we are probably not going to get anything exciting. Here is why:

Season passes are on sale for $49.99 for next year, before they announce what they are going to be giving us next year. This means that whatever the new thing is, it probably won't make people go out and purchase season passes. So therefore, they will get as many people as possible to get them now before they inform everyone that nothing exciting is coming. Because the passes aren't going to be big sellers after the announcement comes, they are practically giving them away now. IMO
By dukefanswimmer89
actually, i think that the price of season passes has nothing to do with what the new attraction is coming. They had these deals last year, only like 5.00 more expensive, and yes, with less rewards. But all this year, including last year, they have been buffing up season pass rewards to get more fanbase... however, I still believe a large amount of their profits come from the one-day visitors in the general regional area of NC, SC, and some TN, take a look at Saturdays, their busiest days, and at the gates, it seems there are more one day visitors, a lot more, then pass holders....

Even the year that we got Borg, Paramount updated passes to 'Platinum' with more benefits at no extra cost then the previously more expensive Gold card...

I don't think there is that much of a corellation between the two, although that could mean something less then what was already planned...idk..
By swampfox43
Carowinds44 wrote: Well I'm going to be the optimist of the group and go ahead and point out that we are probably not going to get anything exciting.

Optimist? :huh:

That sounds more like a pessimist to me.....

;)
By RollrCoastrCrazy
Why oh WHY can't we have our hyper going under the bridge lol? Haven't we all waited long enough? Carowinds really needs a giant signature attraction to bring back the teen audience that isn't too thrilled with the park at the moment. Whenever you say Carowinds, everyone is always just kind of like "blehhh," nothing special. It would only take one giant ride to take Carowinds' "bleh" name and turn it into a "WOW!"
By Dukeis#1
RollrCoastrCrazy wrote: Carowinds really needs a giant signature attraction to bring back the teen audience that isn't too thrilled with the park at the moment.  Whenever you say Carowinds, everyone is always just kind of like "blehhh,"  nothing special.  It would only take one giant ride to take Carowinds' "bleh" name and turn it into a "WOW!"

Teen audience not thrilled with Carowinds? More like coaster fanatics not thrilled with Carowinds...

I have never heard any GPer bashing the park for not having enough thrill rides. You mention "Carowinds" to any group of Carolina teenagers and they'll all immediately start raving about Top Gun.
By dukefanswimmer89
Dukeis#1 wrote:
RollrCoastrCrazy wrote: Carowinds really needs a giant signature attraction to bring back the teen audience that isn't too thrilled with the park at the moment.  Whenever you say Carowinds, everyone is always just kind of like "blehhh,"  nothing special.  It would only take one giant ride to take Carowinds' "bleh" name and turn it into a "WOW!"

Teen audience not satisfied with Carowinds? More like coaster fanatics not satisfied with Carowinds...

I have never heard any GPer bashing the park for not having enough thrill rides. You mention "Carowinds" to any group of Carolina teenagers and they'll all immediately start raving about Top Gun.

Top Gun??

no, they rave about Borg more [the lay people just don't understand lol :P ]....

but a lot of regular come-back [and i agree, coaster fanatic] customers are bored with the cookie cutter attractions Carowinds offers (except TG, of course), and i'm not bashing the park or anything, i do like it alot, its just RollrCoasterCrazy is right, there is no real signature attraction that sets us apart from other parks..

with SFOG prob. getting that 'signature' attraction :o , now more then ever is it needed.... more paramount carowinds execs need to learn the h-word lol ;)
By Cephas
When I talk to lay-people about carowinds, they generally say that Top Gun (the parks signature attraction) is getting kinda old, and borg is nowhere near as good as Top Gun. Most people seem to be getting bored of the park. Another ride on par with TG would really start reeling people in.

But then again, most guys only go to carowinds for the girls anyway... :P