General Carowinds discussion
By Dukeis#1
Runaway Reptar. Then I would threaten FFS to improve it's capacity or it would be next.
By MarkD
Gold Rusher.

Why? It's out dated. The ride is still cool but it needs updateing bad.

Keep Taxi Jam and Reptar for the young kids. They need something small and not intense to get broke in on.
By Cephas
The Goldrusher needs to be themed to be a ghost train. I think there is one down by Wilmington somewhere. It would then fit in with the Carolina Boardwalk theme. But it's still fun. That's why I vote Reptar. Reptar also needs a second train to improve ride capacity.
By Carowindsman
Its tied Taxi Jam and RRR are four a piece i will let you know if it comes down to my decision i will flip a coin so i am going to give it a little bit longer and if that doesnt work let the quarter choose
By Carowindsman
i flipped the coin Heads is Taxi Jam Tails is Rugrats Runaway Reptar the loser is Rugrats Runaway Reptar who is next to go

Carolina Cyclone
Carolina Goldrusher
Flying Super Saturator
Hurler
Ricochet
Scooby Doo's Ghoster Coaster
Taxi Jam
Thunder Road
Top Gun - The Jet Coaster
Borg Assimilator
Vortex

Lets see Taxi Jam must go now
By Cephas
FSS, they need to improve the ride capacity, make a 2 car train or something.
By Deja Vu Dude
Well, I would have to say Taxi Jam, or Vortex. Vortex was extremely rough this year, and Taxi Jam is never popular when I go. But Maybe I'm wrong. Runaway Reptar was not rough and is the perfect trainer for exteme inverts, such as the Vekoma SLC. All the little ones liked it.
By hombaca_05
I vote to get rid of Taxi Jam!

P.S.- I don't know why people keep saying Vortex was/is rough!!! Me and my friend rode it twice, and thought it was tons of fun, and not rough at all!!! And YES, Runaway Reptar IS rough, me and my friend rode it and got off with our necks hurting (especially since the head-padding felt like a wall instead of a cushion!)!!!!
By Trev32
Get rid of FFS,it's just plain stupid,but about taxi why is everybody voting that off?it's a kid's coaster kids need rides too!it isn't all about the thrill seekers,i mean 4 year olds aren't automatticly gonna ride somthing like <a href='http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery1412.htm?Picture=19' target='_blank'>Colossus</a>

P.S.- I don't know why people keep saying Vortex was/is rough!!! Me and my friend rode it twice, and thought it was tons of fun, and not rough at all!

i fully agree,when i rode it it was EXTREMLEY SMOOTH! you guys are probably just to tall or somthing,or i'm just too short(i really was,my feet bareley touched the bottom!)

Runaway Reptar IS rough, me and my friend rode it and got off with our necks hurting (especially since the head-padding felt like a wall instead of a cushion!)!!!!

and i don't agree with that,i rode it it was't to rough at all(not that it was very smooth either)i actually enjoyed that,you wanna headache,try riding a <a href='http://www.jcfairgrounds.com/Images/ImageManager/ZIPPER.jpg' target='_blank'>Zipper</a>twice,a <a href='http://www.strates.com/ridePhotos/images/Page_02_Front_KMG-Fire-Ball.jpg' target='_blank'>Fire Ball(A.K.A. Delerium)</a>,

a <a href='http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index/larsonringoffire2a.jpg' target='_blank'>Ring Of Fire</a>,a rainbow ride,and a musik express, after that my head/neck hurt ALOT.
By Cephas
I don't know where you guys are getting this story about Vortex being rough. This past season, it was as smooth as ever, as smooth as Top Gun (very smooth). Vortex is one of my all time favorite rides, and might be in my Top 10 if it had another helix/inversion or something. Beef it up to Scorcher level. Now that's an awesome ride.

And now everybody is going to start talking about Mantis, but I liked the Georgia Scorcher just as much.

Mean Streak and Hurler...now that's another story... ;)
By carowindsfreak13
JamminJ wrote: Get rid of Vortex..

Taxi Jam = best ride in the park (even better than Top Gun on some days..) Woe is you if you didn't do the ERT in '02..

If you get rid of vortex you are crazy. Taxi Jam is just for kids. You must be mistaken by taxi jam being as good as top gun.

Leave Vortex. TAKE TAXI JAM
By Dukeis#1
Vortex is the ride that made Carowinds in the coaster community. It was the one that brought in the coaster fans.

Up until then, we only had a rough Arrow looper, a woodie racer (Which could be rode at Kings Island or Dominion) a mine train, a kiddie woodie, and a removed shuttle loop.

Vortex was unique, extreme, and gave the cfs some reason to visit the park. I would hate to see the smooth Vortex leave any time soon.
By montumax
carowindsfreak13 wrote:
If you get rid of vortex you are crazy. Taxi Jam is just for kids. You must be mistaken by taxi jam being as good as top gun.
Leave Vortex. TAKE TAXI JAM

Taxi Jam is fun. If you didn't get in on the ERT that Jay mentioned, you don't know what you were missing. A coaster doesn't have to be over 100 ft tall, have 10 loops, or go 120mph to be fun. I'd rather have more fun like I did on Taxi Jam than Top Gun or Vortex any day.

Ever heard of the High Speed Thrill Coaster at Knoebels? Then you don't know what fun is. Its not that tall, is mainly hills...and that's it. Its fun and one of the highlights of PPP. Good things like Taxi Jam and HSTC come in small packages.

Get out and experience some coasters....

Max
By twistytie
In regards to that....

Taxi Jam

:P :D